Droid auto-adding "+1" when replying to a text message
Scrotaltorment
Enthusiast - Level 3

When i recieve a text from my brother, and I got to reply, it changes his number in the texting menu from (XXX)XXX-XXXX to +1XXX XXX-XXXX .  This makes the number bad, because it tries to send to "+1XXXXXXXXXX".   So I have to delete the conversation thread, delete his contact, and write a new text to him by manually typing the number in every time.

Any idea what is happening???

0 Likes
Re: Droid auto-adding "+1" when replying to a text message
Scrotaltorment
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone else having this problem?

0 Likes
iceborer

I'm new to Android myself and I used a program called "Contacts Cleanup" to fix up all my G-contact numbers.  This put the country code +1 in front of all my contact numbers and I found I could not text out to them.  I have no idea if the reply uses the number provided by the other phone or your contacts, but I thought I'd offer almost no help rather than none :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Scrotaltorment
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, I made un-linked all of my accounts, cleaned up the phone # on all of them, and it still does it :smileysad:

0 Likes
iceborer

Just WAGging here, but is it possible that your phone thinks you're outside of the US?  In that case, it would probably add the CC (+1).  Not sure where you can check this...maybe under call settings/assisted dialing?

0 Likes