Droid battery error
Coledeshay28
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had my droid x for quite a while, since they first came out. So when my battery started dying fairly fast i just assumed that it was because the battery was 2 years old, also my old original battery was expanded on the sides (probably caused by chargers that were not original to the phone, I bought a new battery from the verizon store and it held a charge beautifully, for a whole day! Well last night i guess it shut off because it wasnt anywhere near dead, and i put it on teh charger and when i woke up it had a "?" and a little droid guy on the screen, i took out the battery and put it back in and when it turned on the date and time were wrong "jan 11th 2:00pm" and it started turning off and on repeatedly.

Any idea what is causing this?

I did call *228 and activated it after it stayed on, and the date was corrected.

Could it be just a bad battery? or is this normal for a new battery?

0 Likes
Re: Droid battery error
B33
Legend

Is the Battery A O.E.M  Motorola Like the One i have Pictured:  This is the Extended Battery and Should have Came with a Motorola Door Made for the Droid X

BH6X.gif

0 Likes
Coledeshay28
Enthusiast - Level 2

The battery i bought is identical to the one in your picture.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

The one you got from the Store could be possibly be bad as Well Did you charge your X with the charger that came with it in the Box it could be it needs to be charged for at least for 4 to 6 Hours on my X i would charge it for that Long and that was with the Phone off..

0 Likes
Coledeshay28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, now that i think about it...the original charger for it went bad a couple months ago, so im using a charger that came with another phone. so i will try using the original one. would the charger have that bad of an effect on a brandnew battery?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It sure Could .!

Cole what i would is get your self a new Wall charger that will work for your Droid X. You got a new Battery and you don't want to cause harm to it or your Droid X.. I would hate see you having to buy another battery they have at the stores Replacement Chargers that will work i think that would be your best bet..  Here is one that the store should have Cole  They show them for $29.99 and it will work with the Droid X as checked the Compatibility...

eco Wal Wort.png

Coledeshay28
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks so much, im hoping that my old battery was the problem and not my original charger that came with the phone. I'm going to try out my old charger and if it doesnt charge it i will replace it with one from verizon. I did buy a car charger for my droid x from verizon, will a car charger cause harm to my new battery?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome b

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Coledeshay28 & Community!

Thank you all so much for the responses and Coledeshay28 I hope you're up and running. Everything posted here would have been my exact questions as well!

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes