Droid bionic issues
mcprophet
Enthusiast - Level 1

To make a long story short, I purchased the bionic when it was released.  It worked great for 2 and half weeks, then it the internet and 4g became horrible and wouldn't connect, couldnt make phone calls, or retrieve txt messages.(missed my return window) I ve got a couple replacement bionics and sim cards, but experienced the same issue with every replacement. Still having the same issues with current replacement, I called customer service and they told me they could send me another bionic...again...or a lg revolution(which is a down grade from what I have with a single core processor) and from what I read it has more problems than the bionic!. And definately won't get any updated software. I can't upgrade until next year. Has anyone else had these issues? Is there a fix for these problems? Does anyone have any ideas on what else I could besides buying another phone at full price. Because I'm really tired of getting crappy bionic replacements and considering early termination.

0 Likes
Re: Droid bionic issues
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are quite a number of threads on this forum talking about various issues with the Bionic.  Supposedly, if it gets the ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) update, it may fix some of the problems.  If you can't upgrade yet and don't want to wait on ICS (it supposedly is coming out by the end of the month, but who knows?), you could get a phone off ebay or somewhere until you're eligible for your upgrade.

Re: Droid bionic issues
Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to this article: http://easternmorningherald.com/motorola-droid-bionic-ics-update-gets-leaked/1217663/ we may find the ICS update coming in the next week or so.  ::keeps fingers crossed::  Build 244 was "leaked" last week from a Motorola staging server, which signals they are still ineed working on it, and it appears to be close to being finished.

I hope so, 'cause if not, I may take Motorola up on their $100 rebate towards the RAZRi which was just announced.

0 Likes