Droid email account doesn't sync back to online account.
shelli

Does anyone know how to fix an email account that doesn't sync back to the original account on line?  I have my Comcast email account set up on my Droid, and I get my emails with no problems.  But when I send an email from the Droid, it doesn't show up online.

0 Likes
Re: Droid email account doesn't sync back to online account.
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Where are you expecting the email to "show up online" when you press SEND from your Phone?

0 Likes
shelli

In the Sent folder on my Comcast server account.  Also, I expect that when I delete an email from my Comcast mobile account, it will move to the Trash folder on my server account. That's also not happening.

I have the ATT mobile email app on my Droid, and when I take actions in the mobile account they are reflected back on the main server account. 

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I don't have a COMCAST account, but I do have an AT&T Yahoo account, but I am using the stock Email Yahoo App - not a 3rd party app. (You said you're using the ATT Mobile App - what is that?) For my Yahoo account, I didn't have to specify anything in settings on either side (phone or online). Email sent from my phone are in the SENT folder online. Same with the TRASH folder. Any Folders I set up online appear on my phone automatically.

How long has this been going on? Just start happening?  Have you tried deleting the Account(s) from your phone, clearing System Cache, rebooting, and reinstalling the APP? I believe there are special configuration steps required of COMCAST - but I don't have them and can't find them anymore in this new forum's Search feature.

0 Likes
shelli

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have deleted the reinstalled this account more than once, but I've never cleared the System Cache, rebooted, and reinstalled.  I'll try that now.  This problem has occurred since I first set up my Comcast account on the Droid. 

As for the ATT mobile app, I was referring to an ATT Yahoo email account.  It works fine, and always has.  I'm not sure if something more is required to set up the return account for Comcast, but if your suggestion doesn't work I'll call Comcast and see if they can help.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2
0 Likes