Droid frozen after being on a call
jagebhart

My Droid froze while I was on a call.  The call continued, but the screen wouldn't come back on after the call ended.  I tried to lock the device and then unlock it but it didn't bring up the screen for me to unlock it.  The bottom 4 soft keys lit up but no matter what I did I couldn't get the display to turn back on.

I had to do a battery pull to get it working again.

Anyone else experience this?  Is it a known problem?  Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?

I just checked my call log and there's no record on the phone of the call I was just on.  Seems like the phone app crashed...

0 Likes
Re: Droid frozen after being on a call
DeathBruzer

The exact same thing just happened to me.

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Its probably a BUG.

I'm sure after a few more days, we'll see a few more crop up. I had the Sprint HEro for 3 weeks and by the tim I decided to stay with Verizon, the Sprint forums had over 20 bugs listed. Some guy even created a special post to track them. However, the Eris Droid doesn't seem to have any of those bugs.. hurray!.

I'm also pretty sure we'll see a patch to the firmware in a few weeks or so...

0 Likes
Leeabe

Happened to me on my second call with the phone.

0 Likes
jl938206

Samet hing has happened to me. Has it been just a one-time ordeal with you guys or does it keep happening? It really angers me that an expensive piece of equipment fails after 2 days. Please post any solutions to this problem. Thanks.

0 Likes
altoon

Same here. Caller hung up and now my Droid is comatose.

Haven't figured out a way to revive it yet without pulling the battery out. The power on/off button does nothing except flash the lights for the 4 "button" on the bottom.

Let's hope a fix is found (software) and released soon!

Alex

0 Likes