Droid...how do you remove battery cover without breaking it?
whits5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just set up 3 email accounts.  All 3 receive but all 3 keep test emails in the outbox.

I noticed from other posts, to try removing the battery.

How do you remove the cover easily??

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid...how do you remove battery cover without breaking it?
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

whits5 wrote:

Just set up 3 email accounts.  All 3 receive but all 3 keep test emails in the outbox.

Thanks

What I do is to place the phone face down on a soft, non abrasive surface.  Gently push slightly down and toward the bottom of the phone until it just clicks open.  Then lift it off.   Inside, you'll see a red tab under the batter (It's labeled Battery Release).  Gently pull on that until the battery pops up.  Be very careful with pulling that tab.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

whits5 wrote:

Thanks

What I do is to place the phone face down on a soft, non abrasive surface.  Gently push slightly down and toward the bottom of the phone until it just clicks open.  Then lift it off.   Inside, you'll see a red tab under the batter (It's labeled Battery Release).  Gently pull on that until the battery pops up.  Be very careful with pulling that tab.

0 Likes
whits5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks so much!

The cover slides off easily now...AND the biggie....my mail finally sent!

Is this a common occurrence with X?

Never had any trouble with my BlackBerry...

0 Likes
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

whits5 wrote:

Thanks so much!

The cover slides off easily now...AND the biggie....my mail finally sent!

Is this a common occurrence with X?

Never had any trouble with my BlackBerry...

I switched from the BB Storm to the Droid X a few months ago.  I admit the email experience was better with the BB, however, that was pretty much all my BB did well.  It was just a hand-held email device.  I don't always get email immediately on the Droid X, but it turns out that it's not a significant issue.  There is so much more that you can do with the X that eventually you won't even notice the difference.    GMail works well on the X.  I also have a couple of AOL accounts and I downloaded an app called "K9" for them.  Also works well, but occasionally an email can take an hour or longer to get to me.  Again, not a big deal because most of my necessary communication is going to texts - which is great with the Droid X. 

Occasionally, you might need to do a battery pull on the Droid X due to "freeze up" or something else. But I was also doing a battery pull almost every day on my BlackBerry.  I may have to pull the battery on the X about once or twice a month

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Droid X.  Hang out here...there are a lot of well-informed and helpful people here.

0 Likes