Droid is confusing contacts
Nicholas_C
I just received a text message. Unfortunately my device is giving me the contact name of one person and the contact phone number of another person. As such, I can no longer reliably communicate with any of my contacts. Any way to resolve this?
0 Likes
Re: Droid is confusing contacts
Nicholas_C

To clarify - Universal inbox is not matching to Messaging.

Universal Inbox shows the correct person, correct phone number, but incorrect time.  When I go to the message (or access the message through Text messaging), the incorrect contact shows, yet the phone number and correct time appear.

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

A soft reset is the most useful tool for resolving a variety of issues. In most cases, a soft reset will not affect data on the device, unless the battery is very low.

1. Press and hold the Power button.

2. Select Power off.

3. Press and hold the Power button to power on the device.

Once the device is powered back on you will want to dial *228 and press send. You will be provided with options and select option 1 to re-program.

0 Likes
nixternal

Looks like you might be experiencing a bug that is in Android <2.3 (Gingerbread). If you respond to the text message, does it go to the correct person, or the wrong person whose contact info isn't correct in the message? If the latter, then it is the bug. Hopefully one of these days Verizon will update the D2 to GB, until then we have to suffer as I doubt they will patch it.

0 Likes