Droid mini replacement phone battery
Jlmartin86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently had a Droid mini sent to me as a warranty replacement because the charging port on my  Driod Razr (less than a year old) stopped working.  The mini is great except the battery life is horrible - I will charge it all night and by 10:00am with little use it will be at 60%.  I have changed the settings to low screen brightness and set the screen to sleep every 15 seconds.  After reading some of the reviews of the Droid mini, it seems like everyone else thinks the battery is fine - the same if not better than the Droid Razr, which I thought had a fantastic battery life.  Is there a way to have Verizon send me another replacement phone if this one is defective?  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid mini replacement phone battery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jlmartin86,

Battery strength is a HUGE selling point. So we want to deliver. May I ask if you dealt with these issues as soon as you got it? Also, which software version are you running? If there is a defect, of course we can look into replacement options. But let's work on this one first. That being said, we should isolate the issue. Please enable safe mode (disables third party apps), and share results http://vz.to/1ba02Z9

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

B33
Legend

I would Call customer Service 1-800-922-0204 or *611 on your cell and speak to a Tech Rep.)  Just for the asking are you running any Task killers or of such.. They can tend to run a battery down there are apps that can run in the back ground On my Razr's I take and hold the home button to see if any apps are running if there is I swipe either left or right removing them from the screen.. When i charge my batteries I shut my phones down and charge them up to 6 to 8 Hours then I trickle them a bit longer but with me I have two phones that allows me to charge one in the off position while the other stays on..

But I'd give them a call or Stop by a Local Corporate store and see what your options are..

0 Likes
Jlmartin86
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your response.  I am not running any task killers (I don't think) - I was thinking about downloading one of the battery saver apps I read reviews on but it still doesn't seem like this should be necessary considering my older phone (Razr) had a great battery and this is supposed to be an upgrade.

B33
Legend

A very Good app to use and was passed on to me by one of the CL's is System Panel app it is a very good app @ telling you your vitals of the phone, It will show CPU usage, app statis, How much memory is being used, Battery level and CPU temperature and battery temperature the app is free but for $2.99 you get the full app and minus the Adds if any it's been a long time since I used the free version I've had the paid since 2010 and to me the apps gets better every time they update it... Its in the PlayStore on your phone just search for System Panel App or Panel App.. 

Hope this helps.. Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jlmartin86,

Battery strength is a HUGE selling point. So we want to deliver. May I ask if you dealt with these issues as soon as you got it? Also, which software version are you running? If there is a defect, of course we can look into replacement options. But let's work on this one first. That being said, we should isolate the issue. Please enable safe mode (disables third party apps), and share results http://vz.to/1ba02Z9

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Lots of things you can do here, most of them include disabling apps that are not used as they still use battery behind the scenes.

These may or may not be on your phone but disable those that you have and are not using.

Any Amazon App

Backup Assistant

Cloud

V Cast Apps

Facebook

Google Play Books, Movies and Music

Google+

MOG Music

My Verizon Mobile

Netflix

NFL Football

Quick Office

Slacker Radio

Slingbox

Smart Actions

Swype

Verizon Video

VZ Navigator

The Verizon Apps seem to eat the most battery followed by Smart Actions (unless you have a handful of rules set up for it.

B33
Legend

There's only a couple that I'd retain,  the rest are not worth keeping on the phone thanks Jake for the List..

0 Likes
fredclee

An end user with Droid Razr M reported similar battery issues, including unable to hold a charge after being charged all night.  It was losing about 5-10% per hour  He also noticed that the phone was always warm to hot.  I asked him what apps were currently running, and one was the Navigation app.  He turned it off, the next day the phone was back to normal battery life.  Start by turning off any Navigator apps, WiFi access, and make sure that no Internet sessions are running in the background.  Power cycle the phone if necessary, but even that could leave the Navigator app on when it starts back up.

As a guideline, the phone should keep a good charge all day and night unless there is excessive talk time, data usage (browser or email), and/or navigation use.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

One more thing to remember and I know it is very seldom published. when there is a Major OS update to these, the OS optimizes the software, apps, pics and data on the phone to the new OS. It also optimizes how this are displayed or opened based on usage. During the first 96 to 108 hours the phone can and will use more battery then it did before as it is optimizing the phone and was a huge deal when ICS came out as well.