Droid mini text message microphone missing?
Xjill130506

My mother and I bought the droid mini together she has one and I have one, she has a microphone on her text message keyboard that I do not. I have tried everything and cannot seem to figure out how she has one and I do not. I set hers up for her so I definitely do not know how she has it and I do not? Does anyone know how to get the text message microphone back so I can talk to text?

Thank you!

Jill

0 Likes
Re: Droid mini text message microphone missing?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Xjill130506,

Oh no! We know how important the microphone feature is on the keyboard. What software version is your device on? Which keyboard is the device set to?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Xjill130506

The software is 21.11.21.en.us, and I'm using the default google keyboard English.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information! We will cover a few steps to try to get the microphone back onto your phone. First lets try to set the text messaging settings to see if this works. You can follow the steps here http://vz.to/1m04Ewj and once you get into the All tab you will scroll down to find text messaging or messaging as the option. Are you using the native texting application or Verizon Messages? Please keep us posted.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at VZWSupport

0 Likes