Droid problems and replacements
jbginz18

I'm on my 4th Droid.  The phone randomly restarts, the touch screen locks and/or doesn't work, etc.

Everytime I call Call Verizon they blame the apps, tell me to do a master reset and then finally send me another refurbished phone that has more of the same or new issues.  The last rep I spoke to told me to not use any apps, which pretty much defeats the purpose of having the phone.

I'm really getting fed up, of course they will only keep sending me refurbished Droid 1's which do not work

Any advice from anyone out there?

0 Likes
Re: Droid problems and replacements
malexander131
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure, I've seemed to have the same problem with refurbished phones. I'm on my second refurbished Droid and while it started out OK, I'm now starting to have problems with slowing down, freezing, and battery drain. This after a series of Blackberry Tours and Storm's that corrupted their software (sad blackberry face on the screen and everything). 

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try doing a soft reset on the device, by powering the device off and removing the battery.  Then put the battery back in after a minute and dial *228 send and option 1 on the device.  If  you are using a task manager application try removing it.  Also be cautious of the applications that are downloaded as some may have negative effects on the device. 

0 Likes
momx3drr

I am waiting for my 2nd Droid replacement right now after talking to tech support about the exact same issues that I've had with my previous Droids.  I've only had my 2nd Droid since October & it's doing the exact same things as my original Droid.  My touch screen froze up & I wasn't able to scroll to any of my apps, when I turn my cell off, it turns right back on unless I take the battery out.  I was told that if this next Droid still has the same issues that I could get a different phone so we'll have to wait & see if that happens.

I did hear that Verizon will be getting the Iphone in January?  Has anyone heard this?

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

We apologize for the problems with your phone  and hope to bring a speed resolution to the issue.  Currently there is no information on Verizon Wireless getting the I Phone.

Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.  

0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I regret to hear that you have had several Motorola Droid replacements. I have provided some information below that may help.

To help troubleshoot non-native applications I would recommend putting the device into Safe mode.

Safe mode is a method that allows the device to run without non-essential applications. This is beneficial for troubleshooting 3rd party applications. If the device has the same issues while in safe mode, then a hard reset would be recommended. If the device does not have issues while in safe mode, it is likely a third party application is causing the issue.

Safe Mode Instruction

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=27713

Hard Reset Instruction *Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=26502

0 Likes
bf2

I am on my fourth droid as well. I think Verizon needs to step up their customer service and support departments. Three of the droids are refurbished, which only serves to give me someone else's headache. Currently I cannot receive emails on my phone, it dials by itself, it drops calls, the battery lasts all of three hours. Hard resets and everything else do not work. I have spent hours at the local store, with the technician downloading a different email client, which did not solve the problem. I receive my work assignments by email, if I am not the first to respond, I do not get the job. Not only is this frustrating, it is costing me money. I contacted Verizon, only to be told that for $149 I could upgrade to the newest droid. When asked if the new droid uses the same operating software, I was told yes. I asked why would I pay $149 to buy a phone using the same operating software as I have now, when it clearly does not work? There was no answer. 

0 Likes
Ion39

I am on my 3rd Droid in a year.  The screen on my 2nd Droid was so loose even the rep said that wasn't right. The 3rd Droid is a little better. My 3rd Droid drops call and has trouble coming out of sleep mode. It may take several times hitting the button for it to respond. I don't have that many apps loaded.

The certified like new is an absolute lie.

I guarantee when my contract is up, I am done with Verizon.

0 Likes
shopaholic426

I am having similar problems with my droid. I keep getting replacements and the same things happen. The rep I got this last time said that it could be something saved to the sd card had a virus. So every time you get a replacement phone you put your sd card in the new phone and put the virus on that phone too. 

He said to delete everything off the sd card and do a hard reset and see if that works. 

I haven't tried it yet but I thought I would just post what he told me. He's the only rep that has brought this up. 

0 Likes
charmante

Sincere congratulations for your site, it's a real pleasure to browse. Especially keep it up. Thank you for this wonderful sharing.
Bonne continuation!

0 Likes