Re: Droid problems and replacements
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Dont use an antivirus app. These phones are linux OS based and there are no viruses. Only malware that can be installed by the user. use ADVANCED TASK KILLER FROYO. Make sure it says FROYO... If the problems happen again call verizon and make sure they REPORT IT to motorolla because the phones come from motorola. They are refurbished by motorola and not verizon. The way any phone warranty works is the owner of the phone needs to call motorola, send the phone in and wait for a replacement (like it used to be back in the day or like in prepay). Then 5 days later you would get a phone. What verizon did is they do the process for us. They are the middle man who takes care of the replacements. The phones are not rebuilt by verizon but by motorola. Contact the source.
0 Likes
Ayoitzjmill

I am trying to use my droid but my touchscreen does not work. It keeps going crazy i can't even acess anything it just goes crazy. I've tried taking the battery out several times. Someone please help as my phone is very important to me for work.

0 Likes
Iceshag
What's the big deal? Yeah, I've experienced all these problems with my Droids as well, so I'm sure there really are a couple of you who are legitimately frustrated and not just hamming it up to try and get a different phone that likely would happen to have a 1 gig processor, but in this case there really is nothing to be done.

Motorola no longer manufacters the original Droid so all that are left are the abundantly available refurbished leftovers. Our leftovers.

This is literally ingenius.

Everytime my latest Droid breaks, what do I do? I take it in to Verizon where they ask me a few 'by the manual' redundant questions before quickly just swapping it out with a refurbished Droid that was rebuilt from parts of your guy's Droid's you had swapped out the previous week. Then, when your refurbs' break once more, you'll go back to Verizon and they'll swap it for you once again with a refurb that was built partially from the one I bricked and had to go have swapped.

You have to admit this is hilarious and also brilliant from a business stand point on Verizon's part as they have devised a system that produces an almost infinite supply of phones with virtually no monetary loss on their end. It costs them literally nothing to mail broken Droids off to their good friends at Motorola, to have them glued back together and returned in store or to Asurion the next day. Case in point...I'm on my seventh Droid now and only got my original last Christmas. But so what? I get a 'sorta like new' Droid whenever I want a fresh one and Verizon gets to have me off their back for a month or so without losing a cent on our original contract.

Can T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T customers truly say that have that kind of a deep, symbiotic relationship with their wireless carrier? Verizon has engineered a true 'Circle of Life' business
model for us all...so put on a smile and go treat yourselfs to a fifth
refurb today fellas, or suffer Mufasa's fate.

0 Likes