Droid "Incredible" System Update
jrichview

For weeks my phone has been notifying me that there's a system update, but my phone has the usual problem where you allow it to update, it counts down to reboot then never does anything. Never installs update.

Based on information in another post, people had success by freeing up 600m + space on their phone by uninstalling just about everything, then following the instructions here.  So I tried that.

When my phone rebooted, I stopped getting notifications that there was a sytem update.  I never had the opportunity to actually install an update.  If I go to the system info in settings it claims there are no newer system updates.

I've never owned a computer or "smart" device that was incapable of installing its own updates before.  I don't know whether the fault is HTC's, Google's, Verizon's, or all of the above.

Until I get around to buying a new device, I sure would like to know if the one I have has the latest Android software available for it?

0 Likes
Re: Droid "Incredible" System Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jrichview, I want to make sure that your device is up to date as well. Thanks for trying the previous troubleshooting. I've recommended those steps of clearing the system cache many times as well. First, let's check to see what software version you have. Go to Settings, About phone, Software information. The current software is Build 4.08.605.19.710RD. If you still aren't showing this version, and there is no option to update any longer, I suggest completing a factory reset and then attempting to update the software again http://bit.ly/SF7yS4.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jrichview

Software information page says build number says this: "4.08.605.2 CL 185897 release-keys"

0 Likes
bejay

I am having the same issue. If I tell it to continue, it says rebooting, but does nothing.

My software build number is "4.08.605.2 CL389630 release-keys"

This has been going on for months. It pops up about twice a week. I will NOT do a factory reset. I've spent too much time getting the phone configured the way I want it. When I check system info, it says I'm up to date.

I've done updates before. It wasn't easy, but it worked.

0 Likes
jrichview2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last weekend it finally offered me an update, and for the first time the update actually WORKED!  I'm now on the latest version as per above.

0 Likes