Droid telling me I'm not the owner?
AmandaWinz

This is what is displayed on my phone:

Lost Phone.

This phone belongs to Amanda.

Please return it by calling one of the following numbers: . (doesn't list numbers).

This message will continue to pop up until the owner logs in with his password or a new SIM-card is activated on the phone.

I don't know why or how this message is there but I never set up a password so I have no idea what to do. Anyone else experience this?

0 Likes
Droid telling me I'm not the owner?
AmandaWinz

Also, the phone said something was not responding then I recieved the locked message.

0 Likes
Re: Droid telling me I'm not the owner?
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
You activated a stolen phone remote app, or you stole your own phone. Call tech support.
Or log on the website to remote unlock from a computer.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

dabubbakin wrote:
You activated a stolen phone remote app, or you stole your own phone. Call tech support.
Or log on the website to remote unlock from a computer.

If the person stole the phone,then they should do the honest thing & return it to the rightful owner!

0 Likes
vglass

Please just return the phone to Amanda and we will forget this ever happend.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Yes I agree "amanda" if that's really you!
0 Likes
AmandaWinz

No, I am legit the owner of the phone. I did install the "Lost Phone" App but not sure why the app all of a sudden turned on? (Is it the new 2.2 update I got? It turnes every other app on when I'm not even using them)

When I hit the back button I can see the app running in my App Killer and I killed the apps but this message still appears. I even had people call my phone but I can't answer the calls.

0 Likes
AmandaWinz

If I do "Clear Storage" will it delete all of my apps? And if I do "Factory reset" will I lose all of my contacts?

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
In order for the lost phone app to work it must have been enabled by a remote computer. Log on the app program from a computer and figure it out.
0 Likes