Droid toggle
loboman

While I'm in the car with car dock and using navigation directions on the map, how do I toggle back and forth to other apps....or phone or text, etc?  Thanks and sorry if this is silly obvious.

0 Likes
Re: Droid toggle
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

just press the home button and it takes you the home screen. however, never talk to someone while you have the google maps on.  maybe it is just me but today i received a call while using the google maps i kept getting the "creepy lady"'s voice while i was talking. dont think the other person heard but difficult to understand them every time new directions were given to me.

in the car home screen, there is also a "home" icon in the bottom right to access the home screen as well

0 Likes
loboman

Thanks for the response.  However; it seems like sometimes when using the navigation and then goint to use a different app at the same time, I can't get back to navigation.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

loboman wrote:

Thanks for the response.  However; it seems like sometimes when using the navigation and then goint to use a different app at the same time, I can't get back to navigation.  Any suggestions?

all you have to do is press the "maps" icon and it takes you back to your current location on google maps.

or if you might be able to press the "back" icon if the map was the previous page you visited

0 Likes
adam_losangeles
Enthusiast - Level 3

loboman wrote:

Yes, there is another way.  Hold your finger on the HOME button until it 'taps' twice (long press) and it will display a small window showing the last six apps you have used.  You'll be able to jump between these while preserving the state each one was in.

(BTW, this 'most recent apps' buffer will clear when you power the phone off.)

0 Likes