Droid ultra problem since 4.4 update
Richde49

Since my Droid Ultra updated to 4.4, I have to manually connect to blue

tooth in my car where it used to connect as soon as I got in. Also I lost a spread sheet in quick office I cannot retrieve.

0 Likes
Re: Droid ultra problem since 4.4 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Richde49 lets get your device running smoothly again! Fill us in on the details and we'll get right to work! Starting with the bluetooth, do you use any other bluetooth capable device?  If so, is the phone able to connect automatically? Next with the spreadsheet, was it backed up or saved to any server?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Richde49

It used to connect to the bluetooth function in my car automatically, it does connect to a LG head set I recently got when the head set is turned on. Which was also set up before the update. My spread sheet was only saved on my phone I had never uploaded it to a cloud type system, I actually didn't realize there was no SD card in the phone like my previous Droid had.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Richde49 thanks for the clarification! Since the device is connecting correctly with the headset, then it appears that your car may need an update to catch up with the device's enhancements. Next you're correct the device doesn't have an expandable memory. Since the document was not saved, then there isn't a way to retreive it. Moving forward I would recommend backing up the info through Verizon Cloud http://vz.to/1leCuMU .

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter

0 Likes
93Snake

Mine did the same thing.  My new Droid Ultra worked with my bluetooth in my truck just fine yesterday.  I updated to the 4.4 mid day yesterday.  Next time I started my vehicle, it said that no bluetooth device was connected and I had to reconnect.  now everytime I start my vehicle I have to reconnect.  Previously, when I would start the vehicle, I would say "bluetooth audio" and it would start playing the song that was playing when I turned off the vehicle.  After the 4.4 update, I start the vehicle and say "bluetooth audio" my vehicle responds with "no bluetooth device connected" and it has to reconnect to the handset and then I select the song I want to hear.  Not a major issue, but something is different.

0 Likes