Droid will not boot after ICS Update
mathematical
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the ICS update, and it worked rather well... until now

For some reason, my phone from half battery died last night. I waited for it to boot, but it stayed stuck on the "Eye" screen. After reboot a few times during the day, I rebooted and did a factory reset using the recovery mode.

Now it will only make it to the "droid" screen, or sometimes not even past the "M" screen. What can I do?

0 Likes
Re: Droid will not boot after ICS Update
B33
Legend

Give this a Try Pull the Battery while it's on and Hold in the Power Button re-install the Batter Plug into your charger let it Charger for about 30 min)  then Start it up see if that Works Let me Know,, b33

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

After you hard reset the device it can take up to 5-10 minutes for the device to build system cache and it will sit on the M until this process completes, this is normal and a number of user mistake this to mean the device wont start...  Try hard resetting device again and clear cache under same menu and then allow it enough time to build system cache data required to boot.

The device will vibrate right before the device will complete boot.

You will only have to do this after a hard reset...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Wildman thanks for the Great impute it's been a While since i'v even done a Reset and Giving the phone Time to build Cache is Essential) thanks again and i will Bookmark this.. Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
tlporter

Will my Bionic deplay a message that the ICS update is complete and phone is back to normal operation?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup it will let you know when things are Done as on my Maxx it may shut itself off and come back on more than once and this is Normal Just make sure the Battery is Full or it's plugged into the Charger that came with the phone when you Doing the Update..

0 Likes
mathematical
Enthusiast - Level 2

B33 wrote:

Give this a Try Pull the Battery while it's on and Hold in the Power Button re-install the Batter Plug into your charger let it Charger for about 30 min)  then Start it up see if that Works Let me Know,, b33

I did this, and it didn't work. So using the motorola flashing utility and fast boot from the recovery menu, I flashed the motorola ICS stock image. It can make it all the way to the "starting applications" screen that I saw with the first install, then it freezes there. (I left the phone on the charger overnight because I've seen where that process can take hours according to some forums). This morning it was still on the "Starting applications" screen, so I rebooted and it will only make it to the "droid" screen.

Any thoughts? Thanks for your previous idea btw. Even though it didn't work, it will be good to keep in mind for later. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
B33
Legend

ok