Droid wouldn't let me answer a call just now! Unacceptable!!!
daretoomnia
Contributor - Level 1

Had my Droid sitting on my desk as usual while working, it started ringing, but when I went to answer it, instead of it being on the screen where you just slide to answer, it brought up the lock screen...I thought that was weird, but did the slide to unlock, then it brought up an error message (wish I had of written it down now) that said something about not able to do that process or something like that and then it said ...force close.  Not only could I not answer the call, but then after I hit the lock button again to bring the screen back up after force closing while trying to answer a call...there is nothing in the call history showing who is trying to call me, so I don't even know who to call back now!  No message (but not sure now if that even worked either).  Unacceptable!

Has anyone else had this happen to them? What is the solution? This is a PHONE first, then a computer, music player, blah blah blah....it is COMPLETELY unacceptable that I could not even answer a phone call!  Help!

0 Likes
Re: Droid wouldn't let me answer a call just now! Unacceptable!!!
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

I have not had that happen, but I did have a problem where I would get a call, answer it and about the time the other party started talking the audio would go dead (seemingly).  What I didn't realize is that I had previously paired the phone to my laptop via Bluetooth and it was automatically reconnecting every time I was in range and the audio was getting transferred to my computer.  Without my earphones on, I didn't realize it.  I came very close to throwing the phone against the wall several times before I figured this out.  When I finally did, I felt like a smuck and had a good laugh at myself.  Hopefully, your "force close" problem was just one glitch and will not be recurring problem.

0 Likes
SFroomkin
Contributor - Level 1

Please let us know if this happens again.  One time can be a little glitch.  All computers have glitches.  I'm not excusing it, just saying, not everything works 100% the way we want it 100% of the time.

0 Likes
chassis221

hello

i had the same issue myself about 2 days after I got it.  i got a call and it would not let me do anything at all.  i was outside in the cold not sure if that had something to do with it. i think i actually had to hold down the power button for 30 seconds Im guessing and then i guess it shut off and restarted. I had my phone lock up a few times too. had to take out the battery once because it would not do anything at all.

I

0 Likes
nedaroth
Enthusiast - Level 3

touch screens and cold do not play well together.

0 Likes