Droid x unlock button gash
UnfriendlyMoose
I have currently had the droid x about a month now and I have been trying to protect it in every way including seen screen protectors and a case. I was deeply sadden to see my unlock button key with a gash on it. Has any one else notice this? Is there a way to fix it?
0 Likes
Re: Droid x unlock button gash
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

A gash in the phone sounds like physical damage......do you have insurance on the phone by chance?

0 Likes
UnfriendlyMoose
Yes I do have insurance, it's not a large dent on the silver power on/ unlock button, but it still bothers me
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

UnfriendlyMoose wrote:
Yes I do have insurance, it's not a large dent on the silver power on/ unlock button, but it still bothers me

Insurance would cover that gash for you then

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

you aren't going to use insurance to replace a phone with a small "gash" that you caused I hope!  you could find a bricked, water damaged, bad ESN phone on ebay or CL and dissasemble it and swap power buttons if you really wanted to.

Dj.

0 Likes
SHAC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does it still work? Yes? Big deal

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

haha...SHAC, i think you miss the point!  His concern isnt about functionality it's about aesthetics. 

I will say, i have had my X in a case (which i just removed because i like the feel better w/o a clunky shell) but there is a tiny, i mean as small as a pinhead little dot where the paint is missing on the edge of the phone. I spent a week looking for a way to color match it using sharpies or touch-up paint.  Which, I did!  I spent a week and 20 bucks to cover a tiny pin head sized "dot" of missing paint.

Funny thing about all this is, my wife slipped and took a header....I don't remember if I even asked if she was OK!! 

dj.

0 Likes
lewwill
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey! You got to have priorities!

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

LOL!  That's right!!  I embellished a little bit....of course I asked if she was OK....via text.

Dj.

0 Likes