Droid x will not connect to Verizon Network Extender
boog

M droid x will not connect to the network extender. I have two Samsung phones that connect with no problems. I have been in contact with Verizon tech with no solution. They advised me to exchange my phone for new one, which I did and I still do not have a connection with the network extender. There has been a couple of times the phone did connect to the extender but when I would check again a couple of hours later the phone would not be connected to the network extender. I purchased the Network extender used and it seems to work fine with my other phones.

Any Ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Droid x will not connect to Verizon Network Extender
droidnoid
Enthusiast - Level 2

it may be your PRL, especially if you are former alltel.  That was it for me.  Keep calling and asking around until they will push a new PRL compatible with your NE.  They may push you towards changing to a Vz plan, thus ditching your grandfathered alltel plan, but this is not necessary.  I still have my alltel plan and my phone works with the NE.

0 Likes
boog

Thanks for the reply.  I am a new Verizon customer from AT&T.

I have the  extender about 4 feet from my desktop PC and wireless router so I am going to get a long cable and move the extender into a different room. My brother had similar issues and moving his extender helped his situation.

Thanks again for the post.

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Try doing a soft reset on the device the steps are listed below, once that is done the do a PRL update by dialing *228 option 1 to update to phone. Moving the Network Extender to a different location may help the situation also.

A soft reset is the most useful tool for resolving a variety of issues. In most cases, a soft reset will not affect data on the device, unless the battery is very low.

1. Press and hold the Power button.

2. Touch Power off.

3. Press and hold the Power buttonto power on the device
0 Likes
laaubin

Excuse me guys..

How can you tell whether or not your Droid X is connected and working with the Netword Extender?

I have both and quite frankly don't know if it is or isn't connected. I may be dense but I've been trying to determine this for a while. I'm usually pretty savy about these things but this one I'm stumped on.

Thanks for any info..

0 Likes
boog

Dial #48 and if your phone is using the extender you will get a message saying you are using the network extender . If your phone is not using the extender you will get a error message saying your call cannot be completed as dialed.

0 Likes
laaubin

boog,

Thanks for the info. :smileyvery-happy:

I tried that and it said I was under network extender coverage.. So that answers my question.

Thanks again for the help.

laubin

0 Likes
boog

Sheneika,

Thanks for the information. Your instructions works well :smileyhappy: with our samsung phones but does not work :smileysad: with my Droid x.   But thanks anyway.

boog

0 Likes