Droid x2 Giving me so many problems...please help.
seelyracing

So I haven't had any problems with this phone until about a month ago. Now I am so frustrated with it I don't know what to do.

First it takes FOREVER to power on. Usually 3-5 minutes. The screen with the Red Droid logo just circles and circles. Then when it does finally power on it takes forever to load everything and I don't really have that many apps. Once I get it loaded it is slow and I click on an App (say Facebook) and it "Force Closes" so much its so annoying. I thought it was the app. So I unistalled..still didn't work right. The other app I use is You Tube and whenever I play a few videos on it, it will freeze up the phone or will cause the phone to shut down.

When I go to call someone I click on the name and hit the "call button" but it doesn't process that I did this for like 2 minutes after I have hit the button. I know everyone is saying to clear the cache and I think I did? I went to Setting...Applications...Manage applications and click on each individual one to select "clear cache" that didn't help. I also took my SD card out thinking all the pictures and videos I have on it might be cause the problems but that didn't work either.

I have loved this phone up until I started having these problems and I just want it back to the way it used to be. Any help would be greatly apperciated.

Thank you!!!

0 Likes
Re: Droid x2 Giving me so many problems...please help.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a system cache clear; it shouldn't erase any of your data, but you may want to back everything up first just to be on the safe side:

• Power the phone off

• Power On while holding down the Home key

• When exclamation point icon appears press BOTH volume keys

• Use volume keys to navigate to "wipe cache partition" and tap the power button to select

• Wait for it to finish and select reboot system

0 Likes
Re: Droid x2 Giving me so many problems...please help.
judiajac

I read your reply to "Droid X2 giving me so many problems".  I am having the same problem with Droid X2 being soo slow to boot up.  I tried to start phone by pushing home button as in your instructions, but the darn thing just booted up normally.  Yesterday my menu button wouldn't work, phone heated up and discharged the battery in less than an hour.  When I plugged into charger I kept pushing menu button and finally it worked and phone cooled down.  I'm at a loss, I'm sure I did something wrong when I tried to follow your advice.  Can you please help?  Thank you.

0 Likes