Droid x2 phone dial pad does not respond to touch on call
fubar007
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Droid x2 often will not accept a number when I touch the dial pad. i.e. Nothing happens. I have soft reset it many times but it does not make any difference. It usually happens when trying to input code for my voice mail. I think the phone might be defective. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Droid x2 phone dial pad does not respond to touch on call
preplusme

I had 2 of these phones and both had the same problem you describe.  I would attempt to enter my voicemail password and when I would touch the #1 nothing would happen.  It would accept other numbers.  Also the screen would alternate black with the dialpad as thought the proximity sensor was confused.  I tried numerous battery pulls and resets but the problem would always recur.  I got a second x2 and it had the same problem.  On this phone I did not download 2.3.3 but it still did it.  I really wanted the x2 but with this problem I gave up.  If anyone has a solution to this I would probably try another one.

0 Likes
fubar007
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, Preplusme.

I shall persue it with Verizon

0 Likes
fubar007
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI - I contacted Verizon, and they reprogrammed my phone. It works now....but we shall see. Thanks again.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Fubar007, thanks for posting your resolution. Another thing I would suggest if this occurs again is to clear cache from the dialer application by going to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Dialer>Clear data/cache. 

0 Likes
fubar007
Enthusiast - Level 3

That fix did not last. Still cannot dial a 1 after Vz asks for password. However I seem to be able to do it if I call my number then put in a # to stop the message. Then I have been able to put in my password so far. Obviously the fix by Vz reprogramming was not succvessful. It may also have caused another problem which I will write about in a new post.

0 Likes
khaledwilliams

Try going into the settings>call settings>scroll to DTMF Tones>switch to Normal if set on Long/switch to Long if set on Normal>power device down and give that a try. It worked for me.

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

<Due to the age of this discussion, it will now be locked.>

0 Likes