DroidX Available at Amazon
Droid-X

I decided to look at Amazon to buy the Droid X.  Free 2 day UPS air, no tax. no activation fee for $199.  I ordered it yesterday, and will have it delivered tomorrow.

0 Likes
Re: DroidX Available at Amazon
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Just to other people, you'll have to agree to amazon's policy in order to get the phone at that disocunt price....

Amazon.com Instant Discount Policy

When you purchase your device with service from Amazon.com, we automatically pass along an instant discount from the carrier to you. This discount has been provided to you based on your agreement to (a) activate a new, or extend an existing, line of service for this device with the carrier, and (b) maintain this service in good standing for a minimum of 181 consecutive days. If you do not activate or extend a line of service in connection with this device, or if your service is canceled/disconnected before 181 consecutive days, Amazon.com will charge you $250 per device, plus applicable taxes. 

0 Likes
DadBurne

How does the warranty work if you get a Droid from Amazon. Is it still Asurion? 

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

You have the option to add Asurion Wireless Protection when you purchase or upgrade to a brand new phone.

The insurance features are available for new devices only and may only be added to the customer's account at the point of sale or within 30 days.

The 1 year manufacturers warranty only covers manufacturers defects. 

0 Likes
    runnman
    Contributor - Level 1

Droid-X wrote:

I decided to look at Amazon to buy the Droid X.  Free 2 day UPS air, no tax. no activation fee for $199.  I ordered it yesterday, and will have it delivered tomorrow.

You may not like this:

Droid X available at Dell.com for $10 with new contract.

0 Likes
    Wildman
    Legend

I was under the belief that when you buy a device from a 3rd party company the warranty is handled differently, under some issues with device the device has to be returned to the location you bought the device from to do a warranty claim.  I was told by Radio Shack and Walmart this information and this was one of the reasons I did not mess with other sites are sources and I am assuming this can be the same situation with web sites.   I could be wrong but I would research this information more to avoid any surprises.

0 Likes