DroidX going to sleep and not waking up
geomutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I've had a DroidX just about a year now.   Recently, over the past few weeks, it goes to sleep and seems like it won't wake up for incoming calls or texts.   I find that I have missed calls and texts when I go to use the phone.   Once I send a text or make a call, the phone goes kookoobananas and all sorts or notifications come through.   I've done a reset from the settings menu:  Settings > Privacy Settings > Factory data Reset..  Without remedy.   I've also done a hard reset, Power button & Home key > wipe data factory reset > reboot.   This remedies the problem for about 2 - 3 days and then the phone goes back to the same sleep - and - don't - work routine.   Since the second time I've done the hard reset, I've not installed any apps.   So I'm running with what is installed when you get the phone. 

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this would be happening?   Any remedy to this?

Thanks in Advance.

0 Likes
Re: DroidX going to sleep and not waking up
bearone21
Legend

is there a "sleep" function you selected? i have the screen shutdown after 2 min & it comes up right away with power or home button.

0 Likes
geomutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, no sleep function is set. Battery mode is set to Performance mode so

that it will hopefully continue to sync. Display is on never time out .

These are the only settings I changed after the reset. Phone still goes

into a non performance mode. It's like it goes to sleep.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

a 3rd party app that's putting it to sleep?

0 Likes
geomutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

No apps have been installed. I thought that might have been it, so the

last 2 resets, I did not install any apparently and wiped my SD card as

well.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

did you have apps on the card, i just have music & pics?

the only place i'm familiar with the dx sleeping is long stroking the power button for one of 4 choices.

did you do that testing to see if it went to sleep & would wake-up?

0 Likes
geomutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. I tried that, sleep and wake up. It works if I select it, but if I

just put the phone down and not touch it for about 30 minutes, it goes

into that non-responsive sleep. Weird. Thanks for your suggestions.

0 Likes
geomutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I figured I would update you all.   I am now on DroidX number 3.  Number 4 is being overnighted to me so I should have it by 3 tomorrow.   I walked into the verizon store, they called my phone, right to voicemail.   Sent a text, not recieved.   Tried an email...nothing.   Used the phone to send a test text and then a whole bunch of stuff came through including the tests that the tech did.   So, it's a software issue. 

They sent out another phone that supposedly had the updated software.  Still doing the same thing.  Back to Verizon store and a complete repeat of the above.  Send out another phone.  Rinse and repeat.

Today, rinse and repeat.

I'll have the new phone tomorrow.   Let's see what the future brings.

oh, the caveat:   Not Verizon's problem that the phone is unreliable, motorola honors their warranty to replace the phone.  Looks like verizon is going to keep fedex in business until they figure out where the software issue is.  If I want to replace the phone, I can buy a new one on my own dime.   Would be nice if Verizon at least met me halfway.  Oh well.   I'll get to know the Fedex man pretty well if this phone does the same.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

"may the force be with you"

0 Likes
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

Might just be tired? Or in a coma! J/k

0 Likes