Dropped Incredible down the stairs...and it's PERFECT!
thunderbucks

I'm anxious to hear stories anyone has of their Incredible breaking, or the opposite, taking a beating and still going.

As I was leaving a friend's apartment last night, I dropped my Incredible down a flight of 13 solid wood stairs, watching it tumble and flail all the way down, ultimately ejecting the battery  and it's cover along the way.  I held my breath as I was half-certain my 2 week old baby had come to a horrifying end.  I look at the damage...no real nicks or anything, a few mars on the screen protector.  Ok, let's put in the battery and boot this up...the phone works PERFECT! 

I couldn't be more relieved to see this thing take a hard landing down a flight of stairs and boot up and continue to function with no issues.  I've seen a few people talk about tapping the back of the phone and maneuvering it different ways and the battery not wanting to function, so I was elated to see this take such a beating and have no problems.  This reminds me of my Curve 8330 that I could practically run over with a car...

0 Likes
Re: Dropped Incredible down the stairs...and it's PERFECT!
MANNY921

i dropped my droid (moto) from my pocket and the screen broke right away I guess the incredible is better.

0 Likes
gpa111
I dropped my eris on a tile floor and all it did was shut off. I had a rubber case on it though.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I have never dropped my G1 before and don't plan to.  ::knocks on wood::: I try to protect it as best as I can.  Once or twice the G1 has fallen off my bed onto the carpet.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well good luck ever getting any warranty work.  You just cancelled your warranty with Verizon.

0 Likes
thunderbucks

jimfitzgerald wrote:

Well good luck ever getting any warranty work.  You just cancelled your warranty with Verizon.

Did I really?  Is there a "This-Phone-Has-Been-Dropped" patch next to the battery just like there is one for moisture?  Given that nothing has been damaged, I don't see how this completely voids the manufacturer's warranty.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Only the fact you posted this on the Verizon web site.

0 Likes
tim600sl
Contributor - Level 3

I would probably have a heart attack if my phone had such a flight!

0 Likes
tim600sl
Contributor - Level 3

jimfitzgerald wrote:

Jim, I hope you are being sarcastic. You are, right?

0 Likes