Dude.... where's my phone
thanxdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ordered 23rd, deliv date 9/7 - with the holiday weekend I won't get it until next weekend! Maybe.

I want my phone.     :mansad:

0 Likes
Re: Dude.... where's my phone
thanxdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

On 09-01-2010 09:39 AM I pondered.....

I wonder if these "early deliveries" may be VerizonW  ee's giving us hope. I haven't heard anything yet.

Looks like I'll have to be one of the "unlucky ones". I just hope it is in fact new and not one returned due to problems.

I joined this community to learn about the phone & apps. All the messages of early d's took my mind off the prize, the DROID X! I've been with Verizon Wireless over 20 years now and think they are a pretty good company. They've come thru for me several times when I needed them.

0 Likes
thanxdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Copied from a search for "Where's my Droid" on google just now.

Amazing "Wheres my Droid" story

So last friday I was driving to an inner city school where I live and I was using GPS because I didnt know how to get there. I was picking up my brother who was proctoring exams for summer school that day and his car was in the shop. I had to go into the school to get him. When we came out my window was smashed and my phone, laptop and bluetooth were gone.

I was immediatley crushed until I realized my GPS was still on. Using my brothers iPhone I texted the "Wheres my Droid" password to my phone. Now with the iPhone I couldn't get the link to google maps to work but I did get the Long/Lat coordinates and using a computer and google maps I was able to pinpoint the location of my things to the cops. In less than an hour the police had all my things. I had to wait till today to get everything back from evidence.

The would be robber was a student who had just finished his exam, they would not release his name due to his age. He must have seen my laptop through the window and decided to snag it.

I called my local news paper to tell them what happened but I have yet to see it in the police blotter, which isn't surprising because they report less than half of crimes in the area.

I love this phone

0 Likes
spinninghorse

Using my brothers iPhone I texted the "Wheres my Droid" password to my phone.

What does this mean?  I haven't seen anything about this any where else.

0 Likes
txzoey

call  verizon i called and got my tracking number from them because it never came  in email just kept saying due to ship9/7 i ordered 8/22 and i got it yesterdaY

0 Likes
thanxdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just made a run to BJ's where I ordered on 8/23 and they show it sitting in Newark NJ - 30 miles away -  scheduled for a 9/7 del date! Never got an email that it shipped!

Hope they deliver on Saturdays!

Dazed and confused.

0 Likes
thanxdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Assume if you text the password to your phone from someone elses phone it will return the GPS coordinates - should you lose it.

0 Likes
Re: Dude.... Where's my phone
EnchantdBarbiee

I ordered the 21st

was placed the 23rd

I felt the same way

as if it would never come

finally received my shipping info yesterday

due to Monday being a holiday I wont get it till the 8th

but I am very excited

you should hear something by tomorrow hopefully

😃 good luck

0 Likes
EnchantdBarbiee

@thanxdad lol i hope they ship on saturday too!! (=

0 Likes
Re: Dude.... Where's my phone
bling187

I ordered aug, 21 processed the 23rd. 9/7 was the shipping date. Didnt receive any emails and status since yesterday said

Here is the status of your order.
Your order has been processed and will be shipped based on inventory availability and shipping method. You will receive shipment notification and tracking details via email.
Order Date:8/21/10 
Order Number:xxxxxxxxxx 
Tracking Number:
Courier:Fed Ex 

But Today to my surprise Fed Ex  came and Got my phone and the status remains the same. As long as I have my phone I am a happy customer.

0 Likes