E-mails will not load
Ace70

The last few days my e-mails will not load on my Droid Charge. I've read other forums and tried several solutions with no luck. I've checked all settings, closed & re-opened each e-mail account, removed and re-installed the battery, rebooted, etc. . Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
Re: E-mails will not load
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Which email account are you talking about?  I had the same issue with my Cox email accounts and found that Cox had changed the server names to remove the "east" and "west" designations.  If it is Cox you need to go in and delete the accounts and re-set them up using just pop.cox.net and smtp.cox.net and they will work.

0 Likes
nncrow

I am in the same situation. It started about a week ago. I can sync over wi-fi and over a 3G Verizon wireless internet device, but not on 3G (4G LTE is still not available in my area). I have tried a battery pull and removed/readded my email accounts, but nothing changed. About 4/5 months ago, I lost 3G coverage on my phone for 2 days, but other Verizon users were uneffected.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Ace70!

You're not getting the most out of your 4G device when you're unable to retrieve your email on your device; so I'd like to help.

First, I'd like to thank the other Community members for their feedback & suggestions.

I also have a few questions I need to ask in order to determine the root cause of the email issue.  How many email accounts do you have on your Charge?  Which ones are you experiencing the issue with?  Are you getting an error message when trying to refresh the email inbox?  Are you able to access your email on a computer?  Do you have a 3G/4G signal?  Have you tried over a WiFi connection?

These answers will help me to find the best solution for you.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mmonfrooy

I also have problems with my Charge not uploading or refreshing my Yahoo mail. I only have 2 accounts for email on the phone, Gmail and Yahoomail. I have rebooted etc and to no avail. No error msg are shown. I have both 3/4G connection. My email works on my home computer using google chrome search engine. Any fixes available?

0 Likes
nncrow

There is an error with pop3 server on 4g phone. I started using k-9 mail app. Free for the app store and works great.

--

Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

0 Likes
mmonfrooy

Thanks...will try now.

0 Likes