Ear piece volume Droid 4
KropsMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone else have any issues when the ringer volume is turned full throttle, the ear piece sound is similar to a blown speaker (when the person calling speaks)?

0 Likes
Re: Ear piece volume
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see where that would be a concern KropsMom! I would like to ask a few questions to determine the potential problem. Is this happening when you adjust the call volume once the call starts? The in call volume is a separate control once the call is placed. The ringer volume shouldn't affect the in call volume. Does this also happen when you adjust the volume off the  maximum setting? How about when playing media? Do you still hear the crackling?

If the problem persists after adjusting the ringer and in call volume, I recommend running the device in safe mode for a full day to test. bit.ly/yfUfOO

If the problem still persists in safe mode, I recommend a hard reset as the last step. bit.ly/xKJYz6

I trust this information was helpful.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
KropsMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done the hard reset and a system update on the phone.  No luck!  How do I put the phone in Safe Mode?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

In order to place your phone into Safe Mode, all you need to do is just follow these steps:

1) Power off your Droid 4

2) Open the slider to show your QWERTY Keyboard

3) Press and hold the OK Key

4) Press "Power" to power on your device.

During the power up, keep holding these buttons down please. While the phone is restarting, you should feel a vibration feedback which lets you know that your phone is booting in Safe Mode.

Once your phone boots up, your display will now show "Safe Mode" in the lower left corner.

Let us know how your phone responds after performing these steps, KropsMom!

Thank you and take good care.

Sincerely,

NicandroN_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
KropsMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, but I had already found out how to operate in Safe Mode.  It did not solve the problem.  My Droid 4 has since been sent back and I'm loving my Droid Razr Maxx.

0 Likes