Email & Gmail issues
richiestac
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get most of my emails from my ISP email account but not all of them. Don't know why. Went to Verizon store and they told me it was a problem with my ISP and call their tech support. I called them and they said it was a problem with the Droid 4 email client that was blocking some emails and allowing others. No particular pattern identified regarding which emails get through and which are blocked. This is the closest situation similar to my own. Has anyone else had this issue with a few emails not getting through the droid 4 email client? Any suggestions on how to adjust the email client settings. Does it have any type of security or spam blocker that I have not been able to find? Could use any assistance. Deleting email account and reinstalling has not helped. Never know when I have not received all my mail until someone calls me to complain that I have not responded.

0 Likes
Re: Email & Gmail issues
Not applicable

If you are relating to the email program that is native to your phone at purchase then get rid of it.

Gmail has a stand alone app which works perfectly. I recommend you go to the Google Play Store and get it. The gmail is going through the gmail servers and not verizon.

If you have a regular email account from say Time Warner, or Comcast you can also download free and paid email apps from the Google Store. Just take any email accounts from the native email program and delete them.

K9 mail comes to mind but again in the search box try the free email apps first.

Additionally http://www.outlook.com (old Hotmail) you can set it up to get your isp email and to respond as from your isp mail account from the account setup on the web. You do need to go to your isp email interface and select your isp mail to forward to your outlook address, then your isp mails will be saved there.

Just an idea for you. I hope it works out.

0 Likes
richiestac
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, my ISP does not have an app for their email program so I will

probably try loading K9 as several have recommended. Thank you. I just

didn't know if there was some way to make adjustments to the native email

program such as security settings, etc, Have not been able to find any

pertinent settings adjustments. Do any exist? This is the only issue I

have with the native program?

Elector

created the

discussion

"Re: Email & Gmail issues"

To view the discussion, visit:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/947426#947426

>

0 Likes
Not applicable

The native app on your phone will accept a pop email setup.

Your login name

Your Password

incoming settings  are usually located on your isp website. something like: pop3.yourisp.com

outgoing settings are usually located on your isp website. something like: smtp.yourisp.com

In which case the email would be sent to your phone from your isp. You also send from the phone.

But I have found that as I said your phones native email app from verizon stinks and is very limited.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happy Saturday richiestac,

How's your email delivery working out for you. I know how important it is to stay connected while on the go. Emails is still one of the most popular ways to communicate in the wireless world. I noticed in your posting that you were interested in using K9. If this working well for you then please advise. I'm always interested in what apps and services our customers are using. As always, if you have any questions or concerns then we are here to support you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes