Email Question
sascol
Contributor - Level 1

I have my RoadRunner account loaded on my DroidX.  Previously, when I sent e-mails, the recipient saw my name as the sender.  Now when I send an e-mail, the recipients no longer see my name in the 'from' column.  Instead of my name it simply says "ME".  I have looked at all of my settings and everything appears to be correct.  How can I change it so that recipiens see my name instead of the word "Me"?

PS - If I send RR e-mail through my web browser using my account it says my name.  "Me" appears only when I use the e-mail functionality of the Droid.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email Question
sascol
Contributor - Level 1

I was able to figure this out the other day - I did do exactly as you indicated

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
i see "me" when i email something to myself/cox but not sure if other folks are seeing "me" or my name as sender.

i guess i'll have to ask them.
0 Likes
sascol
Contributor - Level 1

I sent a few test e-mails  - all of the recipients saw "me"

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
well then i guess i don't have to do the test, thanks.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Did you fill out a "Me" contact in your contacts application? I know HTC Sense UI had one that could do what you are describing. Not sure about the Motorola phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

fwiw:

i just checked both backup assistant on pc and gmail on pc and don't see "me" either place.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Well the "Me" contact included in the People App with HTC Sense UI wouldn't sync with Google on my phone.

Was just trying to throw out a possibility.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
oystergal

Hi,  I use my Hughes Net for email  and this has worked for me.  From SETTING to ACCOUNTS you should see your RoadRunner...tap that and then General Settings....The Real name there is what will appear in the "from" when you send your email. Mine was set to ME as well and I changed it and tested it. Worked fine.

0 Likes
sascol
Contributor - Level 1

I was able to figure this out the other day - I did do exactly as you indicated

0 Likes