Re: Email Server
Bookworm88
Enthusiast - Level 3

When setting up your email use the manual method. You may have to uncheck both the "Require Login" and "Use The Verizon Email Gateway" buttons.

0 Likes
pbdave

Finally found some post about the same roadrunner error message I have been getting. Just like the posts above, AT THE SAME TIME AND DATE as those above my Samsung Intercept email application with the carrier Virgin Mobile stopped functioning. Exactly the same date as those above. Keep getting the same error message "Unable to connect server". Even when deleting the email account and adding it again the only way to add back the account is in WIFI mode through my router. I even tried resetting my android to original factory spec as if new out of the box. I was convinced it was something on the server at TWC. After numerous chat and telephone conversations went to local TWC office and spoke with a level 3 tech. They checked everything and said the conclusion was it is my phone/carrier that is causing this problem? I will call Virgin Mobile on Monday, but have a sneaking feeling something else is going on because the TWC Roadrunner Email application error is happening to different android phones on different carriers. Almost to the point where I will slowly eliminate my TWC RR account and go with a Gmail account. HELP ANYBODY?

0 Likes
JByrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem. My gmail account continued to work but the roadrunner account stopped working on Dec. 5. After reading through some of these posts, I decided to delete the roadrunner account and reinstall it. It would not work automatically so I put in the manual settings, unchecked the Verizon gateway and now everthing is working fine. Good luck.

0 Likes
pbdave

just found this on the internet for tmobile

http://support.t-mobile.com/message/207844

also tried https://webmail.san.rr.com/ today in 3G, this also does not work

getting the feeling there is either a TWC issue in the San Diego area only or a Cell towers issue in the local area. Either way whoever or whatever is responsible for this mess is keeping it very hush hush.

0 Likes
JByrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Although I got my phone working as I described above, it has to be a TWC issue because all these complaints are with roadrunner accounts in several cities and phones different droid phones. I never lost email service with my gmail account. It's time they fess up and correct the problem.

0 Likes
dcastigl
Enthusiast - Level 3

After spending 2 hours with RoadRunner on the phone they are still saying the issue is not with them.  We've tried numerous types of settings and nothing works!!  Beyond frustrated

0 Likes
dcastigl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't agree with you more as RoadRunner is not taking ownership of this issue.  They told me today I'm the ONLY one that is having an issue!

0 Likes
pbdave

IT WORKS! not sure if TWC did something since yesterday, however just  received this reply from Virgin Mobile regarding my cell service. Contact  your cell company and ask them to do this if the problem still persists  today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello David,

Thanks for contacting Virgin Mobile Customer Care.

Due to an unusual high volume of emails recently, it has taken us  longer than expected to respond to your email. We apologize for the  delayed response and for any inconvenience this has caused.

We are really sorry to know about the troubles experienced with this situation.

We just reset the web feature on your account to make sure  everything gets fixed, please take the battery out of the phone for 15  seconds, put the battery back in, turn the phone back On and retry. We  call this process "Power Cycle".

If the issue persist, we kindly request that you call our  customer care center and ask to be transferred to our Technical Support  Department for Android Devices and they will take care of your issue.

Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated.

If you need additional help, feel free to let us know how we can  assist you further or contact us at 1-888-322-1122 (or *VM from your  handset).
You can reach us Monday through Sunday from 4:00 AM - 9:00  PM PST. As a reminder, please make sure to include your Virgin Mobile  phone number and PIN on all replies.

Thanks and best regards,

Winnie Y.  
Virgin Mobile At Your Service
www.virginmobileusa.com

0 Likes
S-Ami

I have a LG Revolution Android.  I don't see where I can change settings regarding the gateway. 

I found a work around. Read on...

I called Time Warner Cable and they said the problem was not on their end. Then I called Verizon. We tried a few different settings for the incoming & outgoing servers but still nothing worked. Then the Verizon tech support person recommended I download an app called K-9 Mail. I did - and in 2 minutes I had my Roadrunner mail setup. It was so easy.

When I set up K9 to get my Road Runner mail, I accepted what they suggested for POP3 but for the outgoing server, I used mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com

Now I'll just put a shortcut to the K9 app on my main screen and I'm good to go. Good luck to everyone.

0 Likes
nypg

<Duplicate post deleted for cross posting violations per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service. See https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/932766#932766 for the original message.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes