Re: Email Server
kcbru
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same problem, my Charge will not connect with the server at kc.rr.com. Last emails I got were on the 5th. Also removed account and tried to re-add with no success.

0 Likes
namlesscog
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same problem. Fixed it when setting up the email account again (ca.rr.com account) and deselecting the "Use  Verizon Email Gateway" option at the bottom of the manual setup screen.

Bookworm88
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried that but it didn't work for me. I'll give it another try and see if it works. I'm just confused as to why this problem would pop up out of the blue.

0 Likes
dcastigl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glad to see I'm not the only one with the same issue.... My email stopped working Dec 4.

Road Runner says it is a phone / Verizon issue

0 Likes
Bookworm88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tried to set it up this morning before I went to work by unchecking the "Use  Verizon Email Gateway" option but had no luck. Tried again at lunch when I was in Virginia and was able to set it up. Got back home to Charlotte and tried to set up my wife's phone and it worked but said that the server didn't support authentication so I had to uncheck the "Require Log In" option and now for the moment they're both working. BTW, earlier today I didn't uncheck the "Require Log In" option on my phone but when I got home it requiered me to do that as well. The whole situation is wacky.

0 Likes
NHYankee

I was also able to get a Roadrunner account working by using K-9 mail instead of the stock mail app.

0 Likes
kcbru
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the help, I got it working.  I had to uncheck both the required Login and Gateway,

JByrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem. My Road Runner emails stopped working on December 4, and just today I decided to check out this forum. I resolved it by reading through all the topics and decided it was a Verizon problem. I deleted the Road Runner email account on my Charge and added the same account. I had to go to manual settings, the auto failed. The only change I made in the settings was to uncheck the Verizon emaik gateway and Voila! Everything is working again!!!

Thanks for the help.

JByrd

mawhitman

Same here, in Northwest Ohio. Both my wife and I lost our Roadrunner on 12/4/2012.

0 Likes
JByrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Delete the roadrunner account and reinstall it, uncheck the Verizon gateway.

Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

0 Likes