Email program not automatically checking for new email
keharty

I just figured out why I'm not getting new mail notification in the Droid email program with my Yahoo email. It seems that the email program does not automatically check for new email. I have to manually open the app and then new emails are downloaded. I have the email settings set up as "data push" checked and "fetch schedule" is at 15 minutes. Is there something else I should be doing?

0 Likes
Re: Email program not automatically checking for new email
droidboy

this may help you...

The way you have it set up should work fine. The stock android email app (for other than gmail) does not push as soon as you get an email, it has to actually "check" your email for you and you set how often it does that. There is afairly new yahoo app in the market (go to market and search for yahoo) that supposedly pushes to your phone when you get an email. I haven't used it, but if you need your email right when you get it, it might be worth a shot.

this was found on the page before yours. anyway i had the droid in january and it had the email deletion bug. so after i lost emails, i traded to the storm 2. it sounds like the droid x is better in that area so i'm waiting for mine to be delivreed.

But as a tip if you lose youe emails randomly.

when i did i called vzw and they didnt know what was going on, but when they sent me an email i scrolled to the bottom of the list then when i scrolled up it would be gone. or gone the next day etc. so, i logged into gmail and we tried again. THEN IN REAL TIME WHILE LOOKING AT GMAIL INBOX ON LAPTOP and the droid, vzw sent another email, i scrolled to the bottom of the laptop gmail inbox and scrolled back up and it too was gone..not in trash/junk either then a second later it disappeared from the droid.

HOWEVER, I HAD OUTLOOK 2003 STUDENT TEACHER EDITION ON WIN XP SP/2 at the time and outlook WAS ABLE TO RETREIVE ALL THOSE EMAILS THAT DISAPPEARED FROM GMAIL AND THE DROID after i would manually send and receive email in outlook. that tells me that the droid email glitch is not deleting all those emails...just "cloaking" them but they are stil there on gmail but only way i could get them was via outlook once a week as i am atruck driver and i cannot get online often. thats why i went to the storm 2..till the Droid X.

As a side note, if i got an email on the storm 1 and 2 i would get it no later than 2 through 5 seconds after sender pressed send. My droid i had in january, took about 8-10 seconds average and 20-27 seconds when it was not cranky and deleting...errr cloaking my emails. also you may wany to see if your incoming yahoo mail settings are for imap vs. POP3... i hear Imap is better setting and see if yahoo has that as well

i hope Droid X is better. from what i hear,not as many email deletion bug issues here...just sync setttings and delayed email notifications.

0 Likes