Emailing pictures
staceyw52

Is there a way to send pictures from the camera in an email? I try attaching them but the email won't send. It will send the picture as a picture message with no problem but not in an email. Is there something I need to do to fix this? Or is it just not able to do that.

0 Likes
Re: Emailing pictures
tr1kst4nce

I'm pretty sure you need to sync up your phone to one of your email accounts... if that helps.  I haven't gotten to all that just yet. 

My phone didn't comew with an actual "manual" just a user guide with tips and tricks.  But I did find the manual with everything you need.  It's 209 pages (wow!) and I've been going through it little by little to learn things.

It won't let me post the link here so you'll have to search it manually.

Go to google.com, and type "htc droid incredible manual".  The first link should say "User Guide" with a web address looking like member.america.htc. com and that's it.

Sorry it's not a direct answer.  I'm sure you just have a setting or something you need to tweak. 

Try this though.. find the photo you wanna send and hit menu.  Then "Share" and scroll down to gmail (if thats what you're using).. or email.. and go from there.  I can't go any further cuz I haven't sync'd any of my email accounts to the phone yet.

Hope this helps... if not, the manual should.

Let me know how it turns out!

0 Likes
staceyw52

Thanks for the advice. I do have 2 different email accounts synced and I can send a regular email just not one with attachments. I am just going to go to a verizon store tomorrow to find out whats going on. I was also surprised that no information on how to do anything on this phone came with it. I also found a manual online but it still didn't help me. Good luck with your Droid and thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

your package should've included an 800# to call to order a hard copy of the manual. you just call, order, and the company ships it to you (it's free). i suspect that we will see fewer full blown manuals since it could easily be 500 pages and still not cover everything. i downloaded the manual to the phone and have the hard copy. however, i haven't found it to be of much use. it's really just 200+ pages of the VERY basics.

0 Likes
Deaner1029

I am having the same problem as STACEYW52. I send the emails just like the verizon rep said to in the above post but then they just go into the outbox and will not send. Most of the time i don't even know this happened until i get a failed to send error. The error i got today was for an email that i sent yesterday and thought had sent. I've now tried multiple times to send it today and to different addresses and it will not send.

I am using and exchange email address through my company.

Please someone help.

0 Likes
carter91
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had my phone for 2 months and send Exchange mail all the time with no problem.  Never tried pictures.  Tried just now, same problem.  Just sits in the Outbox.  hmmmm....bug maybe?

Tested pictures of various sizes.  All just sit in the Outbox.

0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

Due to the HTC Incredible having a 8 megapixel camera, try lowering  the resolution of the picture you are going to take, or resize/crop the existing picture in order for it to send. To change the resolution:

-Select your camera icon
-Press Menu
-Select settings and here you can change the resolution of the picture you are going to take (easier when sending to non PDA/Smartphones)

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Deaner1029

I did not try this yet but what difference would it make if my gmail app will send them with no problem why wont my exchange account send them. Could it be a problem with my exchange server. I called my tech support and he said there is nothing he can do to make it work. Besides most of the pictures i want to email have already been taken and are being sent at another time.

0 Likes