Emails delete on thier own
seniorpong

Scenario:  I get an email alert.  I look at email and while I am looking at subject line prior to opening it deletes.  it does not go in to the trash folder. it just deletes.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Emails delete on thier own
tspiffet

I had the same problem.  I have called support and after 3 calls and multiple changes it has not done a thing.  So they just admitted that tonight it has become a large problem and will be looked into.  With the update that just came out this is a glitch.  I was put to a call list for the update when it comes available.  Maybe you should do that.  Good luck.  Oh yes Suggestion.. Have your email that is not working forward on to your gmail account so you can atleast see what is being missed.  May help for the mean time.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Do you look at the emails using another client on a laptop or use an client that'll delete from server?  I have had that happen when using IMAP or POP(I have my client to delete from server) client on my laptop and do everything on my laptop and I just forget to clear my phone.

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

VZW finally admitted the problem?  The tried to tell me that I needed to exchange for a new phone but when I went to the VZW store, they said it was a software glitch and not hardware (which is what I was thinking when I went in there).  They were able to see first hand what the problem is when we tried my e-mail out on one of their own store models with 2.2.  They told me to wait for an update or an app that would run a POP account.  In the meantime, I am happy just using my Gmail.

Thanks for the information on the call list.  I may call back just to get on the list to have this fix pushed to my phone (though I wonder if it should be pushed to all the phones).

0 Likes
seniorpong

I will try to get on the list.  Thanks

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you all should look in your settings (on your pc or wherever else you pull the email) and check the box that says "leave copy on the server." if you don't do that then once you pull the email from the phone or a pc the server deletes it. on a pc, the software you use keeps it....but on 2.2, now the phone wipes it as soon as the server whipes it. it's dumb and a definite step backwards (2.1 did not do this). but this is by design. they actually thought this was better. ridiculous....but if you leave the copy on the server, it won't delete from your phone. (i have mine set to delete from server after 14 days. i figure i just better address the email within that time or it will be gone). some developer NEEDS to write an email backup app if android is going to leave it like this!!. i can't believe none exist. you could even charge for it and it would be a success!!!

0 Likes
rpgarrett75703
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't imagine this would be that hard to fix given that it worked in 2.1; bring back the 2.1 app (they already have the code somewhere) then add an option under the mail settings to "mirror" the server which is what the 2.2 behavior does for those that want that behavior. This should satisfy everyone. They should be able to roll out an OTA fix for this pretty quickly.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I saw yesterday in my email list, emails disappear before I read them and they are no where to be found. They are not even in the Gmail site online.

0 Likes
edarchitect

If you leave a copy on the server, do you still get a copy for your records on your PC?  My emails are business related and I need to save them on my PC.  

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

I had mine set so that it left the copy on the server but it still deleted my emails.  I have deleted my account from my phone and am just using Gmail for now until they get this fixed.  I can forward all my emails from my POP3 to my Gmail for now.

0 Likes