Emails won't load
Alpengeist
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here recently my emails haven't been loading to my phone. Not sure if it's a problem with hotmail/live or not since my computer doesn't like loading the hotmail/live website. Does anybody else have this problem? How can I fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Emails won't load
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Alpengeist,

It's so convenient to be able to send and receive emails from your device! I regret to learn that you are having the issue with your email. Since you mentioned that you are having issues in receiving your email from your holtmail/live account from your PC, this may be where the problem lies. Either way, I would like to troubleshoot with you.

Do you have any other email accounts active on your phone using a different email server? For example, do you have a Gmail or Yahoo account? Is it functioning properly? If this is the case for you, then I would definitely say that the issue is with your PC and configuring the email first on your PC. Once the email account is on your PC correctly, it should sync with your device. You may have to remove the email account from the device once it's configured on your PC, and then re-add it once this is corrected on your PC.

Here are the troubleshooting steps I mentioned, like adding a new email account to your phone, from a different server. For example, a Gmail.com account or a Yahoo.com account. Then, test it by sending yourself emails and see if you get them. If you do get them, then the issue is with the existing hotmail/live email account.

Here are some steps on how to remove your email account and readd it to the Samsung Charge, once you get the email configured on your PC.

Remove

Menu

Settings

Accounts & Sync

Touch the email account

Touch "Remove Account"

Readd

Here's a link to readd the account. The steps are basically the same, up to the "Accounts & Sync" section. There you would select "Add Account."

http://support.verizonwireless.com/simulator/Samsung/droid_charge/simulator.html#/EMAIL_NEW

Please post back with your results. I trust you will find this information helpful.

Thanks very much and have a good day!

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
trlori

Hi, I had the same problem beginning yesterday, read your steps and removed the acct.  BUT now I cannot reload the acct.

getting cannot connect to server.  It is an AOL acct.  My gmail acct emails are going thru, but my main AOL acct was not.

I can retrieve my email on my pc, in fact everywhere but on my phone.  And now I cant even reload the acct.  What next?

0 Likes
Carol56

I, too, have had the same problem with my hotmail account.  It was working fine and then all of a sudden it stopped.  I called into Verizon and they had me do all the normal things....pull battery, wipe the device, etc.  Still didn't work.  So they sent me a new phone.   Needless to say, it did not work.   I don't understand why it can't recognize hotmail anymore.  I downloaded the Hotmail app from the market and can get it that way, but don't like it.  Takes a lot of battery life and it has other issues, like not being able to see mail more than 30 days ago.  I wish someone could fix this problem.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi there,

Are you receiving an error message when trying to get your hotmail email? Please try removing and readding the hotmail account from your phone. This can "re-sync" with the device. Please let me know the results.

Thanks!

Christina

0 Likes
Carol56

Yes, Christina.  I have tried repeatedly to add my Hotmail account (after completely taking it out of my phone).  It just says "fetching mailbox, etc".  I spoke with a Tier 2 rep on Saturday and he said (after about an hour) that I was pretty much stuck with the Hotmail app in the Market.  It appears that Microsoft possibly changed the settings or re-did something so it will not allow Hotmail to be placed on the phone.  I would be interested to know if anyone else is having this problem on the Charge.   I used to be able to hit the email icon on the home screen and it would take me to all three accounts I had...Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo.  Very convenient but it doesn't even show the Gmail account (which I did have but the Verizon rep insisted I didn't).   Anyway, it's annoying but I'll have to live with it. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried setting up Hotmail as an exchange account? http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=f49bdf1f-8bb9-47e4-9633-e3a6ba15e2f8

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Carol56

Yes, Ann....tried that also.  No go.  Thanks for trying, tho. 

0 Likes
fscastro

I'm having the same issue in ATL.

My email wont update anymore.

I have a Gmail account, I've tried deleting it and re-installing but no good.

The message says : Fetching mailbox failed and then its says Unable to connect to server.

I've tried using 4G and 3G networks and both failed.

0 Likes
skrafl

I am having same issue with all of my POP/IMAP accounts, and deleting/adding them back, resetting, etc. isn't working.  (My Exchange account is working fine.)

I have noticed that all of my accounts sync fine when I am on wifi, but not when I'm on Verizon's network.  My email had been syncing seamlessly until this past week.

Is it possible Verizon made some change to the network that's created this issue? or, more likely, has one of the application updates from the Android marketplace affected the email syncing function?

Look forward to any ideas you may have.

0 Likes