Eris reception compared to moto droid reception
opinky

I just got eris, love the phone but reception has no bars at my house.  I had moto Q before and reception was fine.

does anyone know if the moto droid reception is better than eris?

0 Likes
Re: Eris reception compared to moto droid reception
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Have you tried the *228 + send (option 2)  thing yet ?

0 Likes
opinky

Just did that and also just got updated software and still nothing. It was worth trying I really dont want to send it back but need some signal. Thanks

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

opinky wrote:

Just did that and also just got updated software and still nothing. It was worth trying I really dont want to send it back but need some signal. Thanks

It does sound like it is the phone itself since your previous phone had worked before & didn't have a reception problem.

0 Likes
jeb1820

I have the same problem with my Eris..Although, I have had no dropped calls..hopefully this will be fixed with 2nd update in January 2010..

0 Likes
opinky

Do you have any idea how the motorola droid compares to eris for reception? I wont be able to wait until Jan for new update as my 30 days will be up to exchange.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

opinky wrote:

Do you have any idea how the motorola droid compares to eris for reception? I wont be able to wait until Jan for new update as my 30 days will be up to exchange.

after the update there was a droid tech on the droidforums.net who suggested to those who wanted to, to change the VOCODE to accept the EVRC-B instead of the stock EVRC.  since then everything concerning my calls have been great. you should check him out. his call sign is viperboy, look for his thread

0 Likes
Droidel

LOVE my Droid in sooooo many ways but the reception is AWFUL.

I've used a basic Moto Razr for the past 4 years and can count the number of dropped calls on one hand. Seriously, I have always loved Verizon's coverage on the West Coast.  However, the Droid loses so many calls that it's running the risk of being called an iPhone.

HTC and Verizon:  Please investigate this serious problem.  Don't tell me about my house, my walls, my town, blah, blah, blah.  I have 5 different VZ phones in my family and only the Eris drops calls, and drops calls, and drops calls.

Help. The new software update has done little.  What are your plans to fix this?

0 Likes
snorkel

Voice reception on the droid is terrible.   I returned my two droids (one was the wifes) and went back to att and got iphones instead for the same price and the recption is orders of magnitude better than the droid.

0 Likes