Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Error: Too Many Windows Open in Browser
Droidme

I keep getting this error that says I have too many windows open in browser.  I used the menu button and went to the the page that shows all the windows that are open.  There is no "X" on the right to close them and if I touch them, the web page opens.  How can I close these windows?

0 Likes
Re: Error: Too Many Windows Open in Browser
Joe_Evaristo
Novice

There should be a "-", not an "x" to the right of the open windows. Touch the minus signs to close the windows.

0 Likes
arichard21

or hit menu-windows. then hit the - to close

0 Likes
Holly_SwordLily

Droidme wrote:

I keep getting this error that says I have too many windows open in browser.  I used the menu button and went to the the page that shows all the windows that are open.  There is no "X" on the right to close them and if I touch them, the web page opens.  How can I close these windows?

you could also try cleaning your phone of history and other things that could be slowing down your phone. you do understand your phone is basically a miniature computer? and just as any computer the history is saved and has to be cleared occasionally or lag and clogging will occur. i have found a free easy to use app that achieves this end. on your phone go to market>apps>tap the search icon>type in history eraser>tap history eraser DUMAPIC (should be the second one listed)>tap install>open app>the easiest way to delete all history at once is the bomb>and depending on how much you browse the internet,call people, etc. is how often you need to delete your history. i do it about twice everyday.

0 Likes
fifthgear001
Novice

By the way, just to add to all this, you can only have 8 tabs open on the stock browser.

0 Likes