Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Error while installing the Android 4.4 KitKat update - How do I fix it?
pacnet2014

Hello, I'm having a problem in which my phone will not install the android 4.4 update on my droid mini successfully. My phone has downloaded it over Wi-Fi and 4G LTE but the installation itself never actually works.

After the first reboot during my installation, on my phone I see a picture of an android with a red exclamation sign that says Error. My phone reboots to the system and i see a notification box called "Software Update - Update Failed" and it's not working at all.

I'm downloading it for the third time now so this is really frustrating to me. Here is a picture of my System update information:

http://i.imgur.com/KDdhAZR.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Error while installing the Android 4.4 KitKat update - How do I fix it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

pacnet2014- It sounds like completing this update has been a hassle and that's not good. I have reviewed some information about your device and I see that others have had this issue. Have you tried completely master resetting the device? Try that and then try the software update again.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pacnet2014

The error code is 410. I'll try factory resetting if this doesn't work...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

pacnet2014- It sounds like completing this update has been a hassle and that's not good. I have reviewed some information about your device and I see that others have had this issue. Have you tried completely master resetting the device? Try that and then try the software update again.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes