Everything is Force Closing
AmandaR0630

Yesterday when I randomly checked my phone, all my texts were gone, and my home screen was cleared, like it was new. When I try to open anything, it always says that google play store (along with zedge, maps, navigator, etc. just one after the other) has stopped and prompts me to force close. I have already factory reset my phone (voluntarily this time).  All I can do is call, and occasionally send a text. I haven't downloaded anything recently, and when I do try to delete apps, they will reappear. What can I do to fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Everything is Force Closing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a very peculiar issue AmandaR0630! I'd love to assist you in resolving this.

Is your SD card properly inserted in your device? Also, is this issue intermittent or is this a consistent issue? How long since you completed the last factory reset? Does it improve right after doing factory reset and the issue comes back right after loading apps?

Keep me posted and any additional information about your concerns.

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
legasi702
Enthusiast - Level 1

mine has the same issue. Droid Charge, as well.

I have tried a factory reset a few times, also, but all of my applications that should have been erased are still there, and I can't go through the setup wizard.

I did notice, I had a new app installed (not by choice) from Google. It was "Google Play Services"

I uninstalled all of my applications manually, tried another factory reset (without my SD card in) - and I am still getting the force close problems, as well. Oh, and my applications I uninstalled are back.

It keeps force closing the setup wizard. Very frustrating. Along with every system application (Swype, Google Partner Services, Setup Wizard, VZ Navigator, etc)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@legasi702 - Those are all great troubleshooting steps you utilized to try and isolate the issue. Even after wiping your Charge, the issues persists even with the SD card not inserted?

Certain applications should remain in the phone, as they are vital to the operation of the phone, and aid with Google's services.

Is this issue still ongoing? Let us know, as we'd like to help troubleshoot further. We can go over every available option.

Thank you legasi702, and everyone that has contributed. Take care!

NicandroN_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
wildcats40
Enthusiast - Level 2

my wife and i have have same issue and they dont care what so ever

sarahsimmons

I have the same issue since i received my new phone. It constantly wants to force close my programs. I tried deleting all the extra apps that i down loaded and it still does it. I reset my phone and it continues to force close my programs. Not sure what else to do to resolve this problem. But i am sick of it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Wildcats40!

I care immensely! I want you and your wife to have the fully functioning smart phones you deserve! Let's figure this out together.

I know there's a lot of good troubleshooting steps listed here. Have you tried any of them by chance?

Do you happen to have any applications such as Task Killers, Antiviruses, or Battery Savers? If so uninstall them as they cause system instability!

Please advise so we can get you up and running!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
wildcats40
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I had no apps like that I reset phone and wiped it clean and now my wife's cousin has the phone because you guys wouldn't do anything to help us so we just added two lines and got I phones and once these contracts are up we are most Likely changing carriers

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sarahsimmons,

Force Close errors of application are very inconvenient! I know how that feels! I have had similar issues with previous phones and this is commonly caused by 3rd party application conflicts. When I encounter this issue I do a factory reset http://goo.gl/tbjkt and then install my applications one at a time and test for a few hours before I install the next application. This let's me identify the bad application and remove it for good. Try it and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes