Exchange Support - HTC Incrediable
carter91
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just wanted to let people know in case they were wondering, the HTC Incrediable has FULL Exchange support out of the box for mail, contacts, and calendar.  You don't need a 3rd party app from the market place like Touchdown.  It also has Coporate Address book lookup as well.

We use Exchange 2007 at work, and I had no issues setting it up to work.

0 Likes
Re: Exchange Support - HTC Incrediable
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Some folks were asking about notes and tasks as well. Have you experimented with them? Some apps don't allow those to sync for whatever reaason. I always thought it seemed silly that they wouldn't, but it's more common of a problem than some might think.

0 Likes
carter91
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't use tasks, or notes.  But to get an answer for you, I did create some and see if they syncd over to my phone.  No go...so I guess if those are important to you, it's a showstopper for the native Exchange support apps.  But otherwise, everything is pretty rock solid with the native apps.

Another thing I noticed, if you put contact pictures on your contacts on Exchange from Outlook, do not use .gifs.  Use JPEGs.  The phone will not pick up the picture even though Outlook displays it if they are .GIFs.  Coming from Windows Mobile this was weird for me not seeing some of the my contacts pictures.  Most of them showed up just fine.  The ones that didn't show up were .GIFs originally.  Resaved them a .JPEGS, no issues.

0 Likes
agamsnow

Since you are using that one, does it support encryption policies. My work requires that there is email encryption on the device, and touchdown offers that, but when I had the Eris, the native client did not. I was wondering if the native client on the Incredible supported the encryption policies.

0 Likes
jeffgman

agamsnow wrote:

Since you are using that one, does it support encryption policies. My work requires that there is email encryption on the device, and touchdown offers that, but when I had the Eris, the native client did not. I was wondering if the native client on the Incredible supported the encryption policies.

I am pretty sure the Incredible does support encryption policies.  I know the 2.1 update for the Eris also supports encryption policies.

Jeff

0 Likes
kristopherk10

Can you please advise.  Do you have the option to set limit of Calander prior sync, i.e., 1 Month, etc., or does it sync entire Outlook Calander.

Thanks

Kris

0 Likes
hoenninger

Does anybody know how to see your all of your mail folders in a single view?

With my Blackberry, I would simply go to the messenger software and select the folders I wished to see.

I know I can switch to other folders, but I don't want to do that - I want to see all of my mail regardless of which folder it is located in.

Thanks,

George

0 Likes
marky2mark

To the OP.....I believe you are partially correct.  It depends how your work Exchange server is set up.   If your Exchange Server has active sync enabled, then the native DINC exchange active sync email will work.  Unfortunately, our Exchange server at work does not have active sync enabled, so I couldn't get the DINC Exchange active sync email to work.  Using Touchdown it works perfectly.     

0 Likes
MatrixMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great is it still working? How many times have you deleted the accont and set it up again? 20? 30? Full support my donkey!

0 Likes
stealingapples

carter91 wrote:

Just wanted to let people know in case they were wondering, the HTC Incrediable has FULL Exchange support out of the box for mail, contacts, and calendar.  You don't need a 3rd party app from the market place like Touchdown.  It also has Coporate Address book lookup as well.

We use Exchange 2007 at work, and I had no issues setting it up to work.

Um, no...I cannot get it to sych with my company email at all, and I have tried everything to get it to sych.  Yet if I use Touchdown, I can get it to synch.  

I am very satisfied with my Incredible, but my complaint is that I SHOULD NOT have to pay for an app to do the same thing that my phone should do natively.

When the Droid X released with Active Synch issues, VZW/Motorola provided free licenses to use Touchdown to correct the issue until the fix could be rolled out.  Why can't we get that some kind of love for the Incredible users? 

0 Likes