FM radio?
Malarchy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope that i'm not being thick when i ask this, but I cant seem to find an app or a setting for an fm Radio tuner on the droid bionic. I had recently tried out a Samsung  One S on t-mobile that had this option, you simply plug in headphones to act as the antennae for your local fm radio. (i switched back to verizon and got the bionic) And I cant seem to find it on this phone. Does the bionic have an app for this, and is the hardware capable? Or can I download an app for this?

Re: FM radio?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Malarchy wrote:

I hope that i'm not being thick when i ask this, but I cant seem to find an app or a setting for an fm Radio tuner on the droid bionic. I had recently tried out a Samsung HTC One S on t-mobile that had this option, you simply plug in headphones to act as the antennae for your local fm radio. (i switched back to verizon and got the bionic) And I cant seem to find it on this phone. Does the bionic have an app for this, and is the hardware capable? Or can I download an app for this?

The DROID Bionic might not have the hardware for a FM Tuner either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

My Maxx when i got it Was Minus of a Tuner So i would say Motorola Left it Out With all the Other Music Options that it Has for it.. Slacker , Pandora , Winamp , Tune in and iHeart Radio one's of that Nature.. b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Malarchy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I downloaded an app called "FM tuner" that works in the manner described earlier. So the question now isnt IF it's possible, but why an fm tuner app wasnt included with the phone, when the hardware /is/ capable. (or if im not seeing the app, where it is)

And B33 you say that they might have left it out because they include so many other radio apps. But all those apps require internet connection. And I dont want to be burning through my data plan just to listen to radio. And the fm tuner doesnt need internet, its just local stations, which is great.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You can use Wi-Fi as Well to Listen but i Know were your Coming from if you want my Blunt Opinion I think they could have Left the Radio but dropped the Bloat Wear.! But i will take the phone how ever it is..Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes