Re: FRG01B to FRG22 !!!!!!!!
RMNewman
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thx... I don't have a task killer and my settings about phone. Shows 2.1.1 installed and software is up to date. Do you think I have a problem with no OTA 2.2 yet? Or is it still being pushed out?
0 Likes
Tomakron
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got the automatic FRG22D update this morning but have no Idea what look for as far as changes are concerned.

Any input as to what ac

0 Likes
dmad1rulz

Tomakron wrote:

I just got the automatic FRG22D update this morning but have no Idea what look for as far as changes are concerned.

Any input as to what ac

All this update is so that you can download flash player from the market. Nothing special.

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
jblomberg

And FRG22 (Android 2.2) takes away any semblance of a functioning exchange email app.  🙂  The Verizon auto upgrade arrived yesterday morning and everything seems fine except the interface to exchange email causing the email app to crash.  I sent in a report for the moment. . .tried various ways to re-establish the excange connection - no go.  Other email services are fine.

0 Likes
dwilli337

We have at least 5 users that have reported upgrading to FRG22D and now there exchange email will not sync.  Tried recreating the account and hard reset on the phone and nothing is working.  This stinks, users think it is an exchange issue when its not!

0 Likes
DaveGX

Hmm....well I'm stil stuck on FRG01B and still no sign of FRG22 OTA.  I wonder just how many people actually received this OTA as opposed to the manual update, I'm on the east coast.  If the update supposedly has already been rolled out, any idea if it was specified as to how long it'd take to reach our phones for those of us still waiting on it OTA?

0 Likes
docholliday
Enthusiast - Level 3

Man this thread took off after the 22D patch came out!!! Thanks for all thegreat comments..

I manually updated to the FRG01B then to the FRG22.....waited and waited for the patch till I got tired  and finally manually installed the 22D patch..As most have said I have noticed nothing different with the 22D. I still have the lag when going back to my home screen at times and my battery life still is the same (take it off charge at @ 6 am and it goes into red at @ 10pm same day with what I call normal use)..

I guess we had better be happy with what we have now...being that there are no more scheduled updates for the Moto Droid 1...:robotsad:

0 Likes
docholliday
Enthusiast - Level 3

!

0 Likes
jblomberg

FYI - I was having trouble with corporate exchange email (Andriod email app would abort) after the upgrade to 22D.  Reflashed the phone at a Verizon store only to have the same thing recur.  Apparently, the fix is to get a replacement phone, which is now needing to be mailed due to demand.  We'll see how that goes - odd that a h/w replacement is required. 

0 Likes