Facebook Mobile Texts
Mudhog89

I have the bionic but im not on an unlimited data plan so i decided to activate the facebook mobile texts to get updates and see when someone writes on my wall, etc. Well the problem i am having with this is that i receive the messages that someone has posted on my wall or commented on a status update but i cant respond via text like i could on my previous phones. it shows that the text sent but it doesnt show up on facebook. i have to log into facebook and do it from there for it to show up. is there a way to fix this? any help is greatly appreciated!

Jonathan

0 Likes
Re: Facebook Mobile Texts
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Mudhog89,

Facebook is my favorite social media site to use! My boss doesn't know that because I told her it was Twitter, that's her favorite! Anyways, May I ask do you have the Facebook mobile app downloaded onto your Droid Bionic? If so then please verify that you are successfully logged in on the app. I would also recommend checking your Verizon account to make sure that do not have a premium sms block on your mobile number that is blocking your Facebook updates.

When you changed your Facebook settings to support mobile texts, did you get a confirmation code to add to a link in the registration text? May I ask what number are you texting to update your Facebook status? The short code to update your Facebook status from you mobile device is FBOOK (32665). If this is the process that you have went through and your updates are not successful then I would recommend contacting Facebook for assistance with this setting. For other community members interested in this service, I have posted the step on how to activate Facebook Mobile Text below:

1. Log into you Facebook account and go to "Account Settings".

2. Select Mobile on the left side of the screen.

3. Fill out the information that it is requesting under "Mobile Settings".

4. When you receive a confirmation code on your cell, enter it on Facebook on the computer and select "Confirm".

5. Test service by sending a test status update to 32665 via text message from your device.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes