Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Facebook Texts Coming in EXTREMELY late?
SugarlanFan09

I have a DroidX2. Ever since about Thursday or Friday, my texts (notifications of friends status updates, wall posts, status comments, etc) from Facebook have been really delayed, by at least four or so hours. Facebook suggests it's with our carriers, but my other texts come in normally and on time. This is not the first time this has happened. Waiting for about thirty minutes for them to send my confirmation code!

Is anyone else having a similar problem or am I the only one?

0 Likes
Re: Facebook Texts Coming in EXTREMELY late?
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I have noticed that for the last 2-3 weeks also

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

It's FaceBook.  Smiley Happy Proof...  Put it on Wifi all day and it'll be the same... Sometimes you won't even get the notification.

ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning SugarlabFan09,

I'm glad to hear that you were very forthcoming in reaching out to Facebook for assistance. Oftentimes, people think that it is a Verizon issue, despite the fact that standard text messaging is working properly. Although we don't support 3rd party apps, I would like to share some basic troubleshooting steps to assist in getting this issue resolved. I have noted the steps below:

• Uninstall the Facebook app from your device.
  • Update Account Setting and SMS notifications in Facebook from a computer.
  • Verify and update Push Notification in Facebook Settings as well.
  • Reinstall the Facebook app to the device and retest.

Once you have done so, please test the Facebook notifications on the device. If you continue to have issues with Facebook notifications then the next step would be contact Facebook again to see if they can have a ticket open for the issue for investigation. Please post your findings on this topic as your results may help others that are experiencing the same issue.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

SydneyK

I've found the FB Messenger app to be much more reliable for chat notifications. You will only receive private messages in this app, but at least you'll be notified immediately. (A few weeks back, there were some delays, but it seems to be working reliably again.)

0 Likes
ladib

That same thing is happening to me as well. It's very annoying I get my notifications hrs. Sometimes a day or so later.

0 Likes