Facebook friend not showing up in Friend Stream
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

As the subject says.

I have a friend on my facebook acct and she isnt showing up on any status updates.

Yes I have contacted the user and asked for her to do a post but check her settings. Nothing.

I told her to just write 'test' and change the privacy settings to 'everyone' and still nothing.

I didnt have her linked so I linked her and still nothing

I tried to pick from my selection of friends from my Facebook acct (after removing the link) and refreshed my status updates (Friend Stream Application) and still nothing.

I pulled battery out and tried refreshing and still nothing

Last thing I'm going to do is disengage my Facebook from Friend Stream and re enable it.  If it works I'll be back to post within 10minutes.  If within 10minutes you dont see a post its because it didnt work and I'm watching a movie LOL

I will say this user has ALWAYS been in my Friend Status; all the way til like 3pm yesterday afternoon.  Comparing my Friend Stream to my real Facebook Acct every user is there EXCEPT FOR HER.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Facebook friend not showing up in Friend Stream
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Thought if someone could use Friends stream on THEIR device and it worked; then something was wrong with my phone.

But I even downloaded 3 Facebook 3rd party apps and her information wasnt showing up there either.

Trial and error.

I seriously dont know why I have to use a computer to see her facebook wall but at least I have that option.  I give up!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Thought if someone could use Friends stream on THEIR device and it worked; then something was wrong with my phone.

But I even downloaded 3 Facebook 3rd party apps and her information wasnt showing up there either.

Trial and error.

I seriously dont know why I have to use a computer to see her facebook wall but at least I have that option.  I give up!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

mine is all over the place? some posts actually show in friend stream and NOT on the pc???? and then there are some on the pc but not in friends stream? i've honestly never used friend stream until i saw your post. what exactly is it? it looks almost just like the fb for android app (that came stock on the phone). have you tried the regular fb app on the phone? does she show up on it? also, try either m.facebook.com or touch.facebook.com     these are 2 mobile versions of the full site that work pretty well (they both have advantages and disadvantages). i actually created shortcuts on my homescreen and used these 2 sites through the browser for a LONG time, until the fb app was improved enough to be decent now. i know it's not exactly a fix for you, but you may be able to at least access her from the phone this way?

0 Likes
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Friend Stream is a built in application from HTC on the Droid Incredible.  It combines Facebook, Twitter, and FlickR all in one news feed.  You log into your accounts and when launch the application it will load all those apps into one streamline.

Course I only use it for Facebook; I really dislike the Facebook Application that comes with Droid incredible/Market

I use a separate twitter client to gain access to my twitter feeds.

I have tried going into m.facebook.com on my internet application on my cell phone; yes she does show for now; was just hoping for easier access using the friend stream. Cause i can make a comment right there without having to log in and such.

Oh well

LOL as my previous post said, I tried using 3 other 3rd party apps that uses Facebook integration but really didnt have luck on them 'at all'

0 Likes
Not applicable

Let's try a few other things. Clear the cache from Facebook, Facebook for HTC Sense and Friend Stream. You can do this by going to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Facebook>Clear data/cache/force stop. Do this for each of those applications. You may also have to uninstall and reinstall Facebook.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

0 Likes
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah I'm sorry I didnt mention that I actually was transferred over to HTC Tech support; after talking to Verizon and they couldnt help me either.

They did what you told me to do, go in and delete 'data' and 'cache' on each of those, I even removed my account and still nothing.  I thought if someone tried it on theirs and it worked perhaps that I needed to reformat my device.

But as I mentioned since 3 other Facebook integrated apps didnt pull hers up either, I wasnt going to go thru the hassle.

So I dont know.

0 Likes