Re: Facebook won't open
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love the convenience of having Facebook on my handset edeilbeck! I would be concerned as well if my app wasn't responding properly! I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the handset. If the problem persists, a hard reset may be in order. http://tiny.cc/zkgukw

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
edeilbeck

Thanks for the response.  I have removed and reinstalled the ap twice, with no improvement.  I have also removed and reinstalled the battery.

I am hesitant to do a hard reset, especially after I continue to see reports from other customers with the same problem.

Ed

>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying edeilbeck. Have you accessed the website directly through your browser instead of using the app to get to Facebook?

If you can access it via the direct website, it may be a problem with the specific app itself. This is definitely a possibility as you stated earlier that all the other apps are working well.

The hard reset can be beneficial in a variety of ways including an isolated app problem.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
edeilbeck

Thanks for following up Jonathan.

We went by the Verizon store Monday and the Verizon rep did a hard reset on my wife's phone and it did not help.

I still have the situation where I can get into the Facebook ap right after I restart the phone.  But after several entries, I get the "connection lost" message again.

I have not been able to log into Facebook via the browser.

Ed

>

0 Likes
m1stak3

I am having the same issues as above and none of the solutions given have worked for me either. Through my own investigations, I believe this is a software issue between Facebook and Android (Google). If everyone who has this issues gives the Facebook app a low rating and explains the error in the Google Play Store, it may be resolved quicker.

0 Likes
jcoke
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here. Anyone have any confirmed ways of fixing this?

Rdye
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't been able to get on fb since july with my phone (either way by app or brower).  Verizon stores have told me it is FB and not my phone or verizon.  I have taken the battery out, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app SEVERAL times.  I am begining to hate my phone with a passion.  I bought this phone cause I wanted to be able to connect to facebook with I was out and about.  I am not going to do a hard reset since all my other apps work fine.  I personally feel like it is this phone.

0 Likes
m1stak3

It's a combination of how android runs on Verizon's network and Facebook. Something happens to throw the two out of sync, so Facebook blocks entry cause it thinks it's being hacked. 1 or both sides need to change something to either become compatible, or create a workaround; but since the problem affects such a small percentage of users it's not in anyone interest to accept blame and work on a resulution.

Leave negative feedback for Verizon, the phone, the phone manufacturer, google, the app in google play, and email and post about facebook's techs dropping the ball. Eventually 1 of them will cave in, and that should get the ball rolling. Tell everyone you know to do the same until someone takes blame and begins work on a fix.

0 Likes
kap71

Having same problem! I hope they fix this quickly! Not happy!         Why would the do an update that doesn't work! Wish there was a way to delete the last update.

0 Likes