Factory Reset without a wireless carrier
joliy

I upgraded my phone but still have my old droid bionic. Because it still works and can use wifi, i want to turn the phone into a "tablet" however i need to remove the main google account tied to it. based on what I have found so far my only option is to perform a factory reset. If I do this, will I still be able to use the phone? I will not be connecting the phone to verizon nor using the phone as a cell phone. simply a tablet.

Any help would be great

thanks

0 Likes
Re: Factory Reset without a wireless carrier
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can factory reset the Droid Bionic without a wireless carrier attached to it. Before doing so, verify that your SIM card has been removed from the device. I would suggest turning off the phone before you check. When you reboot the phone if will say that the SIM card is missing, but you can ignore this message.

If you haven't already backed up your information like SMS messages, photos, and contacts, etc., please do so before resetting the phone. If the SD card is staying with the device, you might want to reformat it as well so the information stored there isn't transferred to the new user. After all that, you can reset the phone without the SIM card and enter in the new Gmail address of the person who will be using it as a mini-tablet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes