Factory reset and possible Data loss
nysurf1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Need to do a factory reset but I am not sure what "Data" will be lost when the reset is done.

Could someone tell me what I will need to save and where it is best to save it too so that the Data is not lost.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Factory reset and possible Data loss
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

When a factory reset is done, it usually wipes everything in the phone's memory.  If you are worried about losing pictures or music, those can be moved to your SD card if they aren't already there.  Your contacts can be saved two ways, through your Google account and backup assistant.  I have done factory resets many times on various phones, and only issue is having to redownload a couple of apps that didn't make it.  Let me know if you have any other questions ok.

Please mark as solved if this answers your question.

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Almost forgot, it will revert back to orginal wallpapers and settings as well, just in case you've downloaded additional wallpapers. 

0 Likes
Jon_Doh
Contributor - Level 1

Download an app from Android Market called MyBackup.  It will let you back up your system settings, home screens, data, alarms, music lists and apps either to your SD card or to their secure online server.  I would back up in both places just to be sure.  I did this and restored and with the exception of on ring tone being lost, everything was restored as before.

0 Likes