Faulty touch screen for my Droid Incredible 2
CrazedInnes

I have a Droid Incredible 2, but I am having a tough time being positive about it.  The lower edge of my touch screen has become non-responsive and/or finicky at random times.  While on the desktop, I often can't get the "Phone" button to work.  It is like the bottom edge of the touch screen shuts off.  That is quite irritating, but it is not as irritating as it is after I actually get in to my phone.  If I call someone and get an answering machine, I can't hang up.  The "End Call" button doesn't work.  This becomes bearable if I call someone and the person answers.  It is bearable because the phone will let me out of the loop when he or she hangs up.  However, not being able to hang up on an answering machine is quite irritating, especially if it is one that allows for an endless length message.  I've found that powering off is the only way out of that predicament. 

The touch screen has been a problem while in other programs, too.  It is a pain when playing a game and not being able to do something because the touch screen gives out.  In those situations, forcing the screen to black and re-dragging down to get it often allows me to keep going, but I don't think I should have to deal with that.

What am I to do?  There is no recalibration for my touch screen.  Is getting a replacement phone an option?  Heck, I am not sure if I am even under warranty. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

-Brian

0 Likes