Flashing blue light
Matterhornmom

I have the Motorola Droid X2.  Just got it last Friday.  All of a sudden, there is a blue light flashing at the top on the left side (as you look at the phone).  Somewhere, I read that this means there are notifications.  I have the sound set to sound when something comes in and haven't heard it sound.  I have also checked the notificationds by dragging down the status bar - it says "no notification".  There are no icons (like e-mail, text, etc.) on the status bar.  What is this flashing blue light?  It's driving me crazy!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Flashing blue light
Wildman
Legend

Did you check all your emails, text or missed calls because this is a notification indicator, the only issue is that a number of uses install ither apps that changes the nature of the alert that the color indicates.

If you have Handcent or K9 for email or sms messages check them also because they have option to change the light for notifications alerts..

I am sure its a notification but cant tell you for sure which one..

These are the standard ones for DROID X

• Blinking Green: You will have a blinking green notification light whenever your screen is off and you have a notification (Email, Text, Voicemail, Missed call) in your notification bar that has not been cleared.
  • Blue: Incoming call.
  • Red: Your battery is low.
  • Solid Green: when the battery is low/dead, insert USB/Charging cable will turn on the green LED to show sign of life. The LED will turn off when the battery is charged enough to power up the phone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Check Messages and Miss Calls to see if you may have a unread or missed message that you cleared from notification without checking..

0 Likes
amnsea

did you ever find out how to correct this as mine just started this yesterday

0 Likes
slf71597

yes I started having the same problems 3 days ago and tech support thinks i am crazy and has no ides of what to do and drives you nuts in dark with this flashing light???

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Did you check all your emails, text or missed calls because this is a notification indicator, the only issue is that a number of uses install ither apps that changes the nature of the alert that the color indicates.

If you have Handcent or K9 for email or sms messages check them also because they have option to change the light for notifications alerts..

• Blinking Green: You will have a blinking green notification light whenever your screen is off and you have a notification (Email, Text, Voicemail, Missed call) in your notification bar that has not been cleared.
  • Solid Green: when the battery is low/dead, insert USB/Charging cable will turn on the green LED to show sign of life. The LED will turn off when the battery is charged enough to power up the phone

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

i get the blue light as a result of emails through the yahoo mail app if that helps at all

0 Likes
keiffers
Contributor - Level 1

Wildman wrote:

Not true not true - maybe for your phone based on settings you have changed, but not mine.....being stock, I've never had a BLUE light come on my phone prior to my installing Handcent and its the color I use to notify me of a new txt msg with HC. Blinking green has always been for email, calendar events and for text messages (prior to Handcent installation). Solid green...never seen it, only red for when battery gets too low. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

keiffers wrote:

Wildman wrote:

Not true not true - maybe for your phone based on settings you have changed, but not mine.....being stock, I've never had a BLUE light come on my phone prior to my installing Handcent and its the color I use to notify me of a new txt msg with HC. Blinking green has always been for email, calendar events and for text messages (prior to Handcent installation). Solid green...never seen it, only red for when battery gets too low. 

This was information copied directly from the owners manual so if it is incorrect it is Motorolas error....  I really dont depend on the led, i just pull down the notification bar and verify my messages.. 

Also if you noticed the statment for green said when battery is low and plugged in, once again I know my device so I just use it and dont notice things like this unless something out of the norm seems to happen..

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Matterhornmom, having an annoying flashing light that you can't remove is not fun and I will do my best to help you. I looked at the user manual for your phone and was able to find two different meanings to the flashing blue light on your phone. It can be either a Bluetooth active notification or a network roaming notification. I listed a link below to the PDF file for your manual and you can view page 9 for a list of all your notification symbols. I have also listed steps to disable data roaming. 

http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/mot_droidx_2/droidx2_manual.pdf

1. From a home screen, select App menu (located in the lower right).
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Battery & data manager.
  4. Select Data delivery.
  5. Select Data roaming to enable / disable.
    Note Enabled when a check mark is present and you can remove the check mark to disable. 
    Note select OK.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

KinquanaH_VZW wrote:

Matterhornmom, having an annoying flashing light that you can't remove is not fun and I will do my best to help you. I looked at the user manual for your phone and was able to find two different meanings to the flashing blue light on your phone. It can be either a Bluetooth active notification or a network roaming notification. I listed a link below to the PDF file for your manual and you can view page 9 for a list of all your notification symbols. I have also listed steps to disable data roaming. 

http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/mot_droidx_2/droidx2_manual.pdf

1. From a home screen, select App menu (located in the lower right).
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Battery & data manager.
  4. Select Data delivery.
  5. Select Data roaming to enable / disable.
    Note Enabled when a check mark is present and you can remove the check mark to disable. 
    Note select OK.

:smileysurprised: OK I see why my information was diffrent than this post, I didnt realize that the OP has a Droid X2 instead of a Droid X...  My mistake, this grouping devices on one thread can throw you off sometimes..:smileywink::smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes